{Plot 3}• CHAPTÈR VII

Start from the beginning

"No, no. I'm fine" my shoulders slumped as I inhaled a deep breath. "It was nothing but a nightmare"

Running a hand through my hair I let my gaze register my surroundings. I could not remember how I ended up here nor why I would be reading and what exactly I was reading. The only thing that plagues my mind was that dream. It felt so real. I dropped my gaze to my hands as I spread each of my fingers out, wondering how I could still feel the tingles in my finger tips and my cheeks still felt hot from tears. It was all a dream yet it felt so.. "What happened? " Goddess my head hurt so bad. I felt a migraine coming in.

"You had just gotten back from visiting Lady Orchid in the infirmary. You asked me to get you all the scrolls we had on the werewolf history and you told us you didn't want to be disturbed" Penelope informed.

"Then we heard your scream and we came immediately" Ruby added.

I ran a hand down my face, sighing quietly. "Where is his highness?" I asked, glancing at the two women that stood infront of me.

"Oh milady he is in his study probably just finished with a meeting. I saw the Lord Ryker and some of his lieutenants leaving a few moments ago" Ruby answered walking up to take a seat beside me. She tucked a rogue lock of hair behind my ear before continuing. "You can see him tonight at the Wolf moon feast but right now we need to get you to the Royal seamstress to try on your dress, you have to look very good for the elders"

My ears peaked up, my gaze finding hers, "Elders? " i asked, confused.

"The Elders of the pack. Penelope go get the princess's robe" Ruby ordered and Penelope scurried off. "The elders of the pack are like the council but less official and they hold more power over the court because they are relied upon for important issues like mates, pup bearing and a lot of customs. They ensure the traditions of the land are withheld and passed down for generations. That is why they are in attendance for the Wolf moon and no doubt they are coming because they heard the fast spreading news that has gone far beyond these castle walls: the King has found his mate. I'm sure they want to see you so we have to get you ready as soon as possible"

Penelope walked back in with my robe. I pushed myself up, letting her slide the robe on me.
I quietly followed Ruby out of my chambers and into the hallway, forgetting my hair was in its natural waves flowing down my back. Sugars I could hear people whispering as we passed by, most of the castle maids talking about the elders and their expected arrival. I gulped down nervously, I was in for it now.

"Welcome His Royal Highness is passing! All bow" a loud voice cried out. I turned to watch Darius walking up to us and all the maids and guards around bowed. I couldn't help but let my eyes wonder down his attire. He was dressed in crisp pants, his mantle adorned with good stitches woven in intricate designs and the royal Blue complementing his rich ivory skin. The rays of the sun bounced off him giving the image of a god dripping with an undeniable sexual appeal that could make any maiden fold.

He walks up to me, stopping right in front of me and only when his intoxicating mixture of honeysuckle and spice hit my nose did I snap out of my head, "Y-your Majesty" I bowed but before I could go any lower I felt a pair of possessive arms that could shatter my concentration and composure reach out and grab hold of my waist pulling me securely to his strong chest. A light gasp left my lips and our close proximity left heat spreading across my cheeks.

"My love" he reached down for my hand, bringing it up to his lips he held my gaze while placing a kiss to my knuckles. I felt a pleasures shiver run down my spine. Sugars, what was I thinking about again. The look in his eyes not only left me flustered it made me feel naked, the raw look of carnal desire and a burning inferno of passion in the depths of his gaze ripping all the garments I wore to shreds.

"Oh my goddess. They look so cute together"
"She's blushing"

"I'm sure there'll be a little prince running around soon enough"

"See the way they look at each other! "
"Awwwnn"

Hearing the maids chatter on with fits of giggles only made my face burn brighter. Sugars. "How are you feeling love?" He asked me in that low delicious timber that vibrated through my entire body.

"I-im okay. How did your meetings go?" I asked meekly, still feeling the foreign gazes prodding through every layer of my skin and burning the back of my head.

"They went okay, but all the while I couldn't stop thinking about you. I've missed you so much baby" immediately the word of endearment left his lips coos and "awwwns' flew over my head making my ears burn. "I heard you've been a little busy too and it seems you're on your way to the Royal seamstress. I can't wait to see how absolutely ravishing you look tonight. I'll come see you in the evening love" he stroked my cheeks, leaning down his lips brushed over mine and in an instance the image of those malevolent gold eyes flashed through my mind and I turned away, making his lips land on my cheek.

My eyes went wide and my cheeks burning as confusion and fear settled in my chest. What was that? Darius pulled back not before placing another kiss to my forehead. A soft smile settled on his lips as he gazed down at me. I tried to return the smile but it fell as I dropped my gaze to my fingers as I fiddled with them. I felt his burning gaze on me but I couldn't meet his eyes, I was afraid if I did I would just crumble and tell him everything but it would be useless because I didn't understand why I felt so scared and unsettled.

"Love?" His deep baritone called out, his finger coming to twirl in my hair as he regarded me.
"Are you okay?"

I nodded, putting on my most convincing smile yet I knew he wasn't buying my act. If I stayed any longer then he would coarse me into speaking so I needed to leave. I grabbed hold of his hand, his gaze following my actions. "I'm fine" I climbed on my tip toes and placed a soft peck on his cheek before pulling away. "I'll see you later" with that I left his hold, my body already going cold from his absence.

I walked over to where the maids were still gushing and continued on my way feeling a pair of piercing dark eyes on me as I departed. I kept my gaze down memories of my dream flashing through my mind, those teeth, those eyes. That voice. Sugars what was that dream and most importantly why did it seem so familiar?

Thanks for reading!

Hi loveliesss! Another update on time
(≡^∇^≡)
I'm on a roll eek! Okay so I know this chapter isn't long but I hope you like it and please feel free to comment, vote and follow me! Loving the support! We've reached 39k reads that so huge OMG I'm in tears and almost 2k votes y'all are awesome no joke. A million hugs and kisses y'all!
Okay so I had an idea for a Question and answer chapter, an exclusive one on one where you ask Greer and Ryker all the questions you have concerning this book and they'll answer to the best of their capabilities (as long as it doesn't ruine the plot of course) any questions you have leave them in the comment section! And I'll give y'all some time to fill it up before I update the Q&A chapter!

Love y'all! 💕
See you next time😙