𝐍𝐨𝐭 '𝐅𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝' 𝐒𝐨 𝐌𝐮𝐜𝐡 | 𝐒𝐭𝐞𝐯𝐞 𝐑𝐨𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐬 *

A/N: In which they've been team besties for a long time already, but they both know deep down that they feel a little more than just a friendship 🥹

Warnings: this is really just pure fluff at the beginning, but kinda soft smut after OOP-

__________

-

"You okay, Stevie?" I ask, leaning against his bathroom door as he stands there, running his hands through his messy hair while wearing that Captain America suit of his. "I am, are you?" he asks now, looking at me through the mirror as he takes off his fingerless gloves. "I am, but... Are you sure?" I ask again, walking in there this time. "I'm sure, darling. Are you really sure you're okay?" he asks me in reply, turning around to actually face me. "I'm really sure, yes. Let me take care of that, okay?" I silently ask him yet again, softly running my fingers along his soft face as I look at the few cuts he got during this mission we just got back from. "As long as you met me take care of those" he replies, nodding his head once. I have a few cuts in my face too, I'm glad both our suits kept our bodies from getting cuts too this time. I'm sure we're both bruised all over, but at least we're not bleeding anywhere else.

"Meet up here in 10 minutes?" I suggest, running by hand through his fluffy, soft hair as I look at every part of his beautiful, beautiful face. He nods his head, softly smiles and moves my hair behind my ear for me. Steve and I are always so happy with each other after a mission, it's always scary to think about that fact that missions are dangerous, and that they can kill us. We're always so grateful to see each other after, I'm lucky to have a best friend like him. I joined the Avengers about 10 months ago now, but it feels like I've been here all my life. Mostly because of Steve though, he's been the absolute best. We got along immediately after we met, and never left each other again. We qucikly became close, and to this day, we're still the best of friends. We do everything together; missions, training, going for runs, doing the groceries, reading books, watching movies, you name it and we do it. He really is my best friend, the one person I can always come to with anything. He's always there for me, just like I'm always there for him.

I get back to my own room, get out of this tight but comfortable suit, take a shower and put on one of Steve's sweaters along with a pair of sweatpants. I let my wet hair down, put on a pair of those fluffy warm socks and get back to Steve's room. I knock on the door, and walk inside once he told me to come in. There he is, my handsome best friend in only his gray sweatpants with wet hair and puppy eyes. "Hey, that looks kinda familiar" Steve jokes, taking my hand as I smile. "Yeah? Hm, I wonder why..." I giggle, making him smile too. "Come on, let's take care of those" he adds, pointing at the cuts in my face. I nod my head, and we get to his bathroom where he lifts me on the counter which causes me to slightly flinch because of the bruises, as always after a mission. "You're all bruised up, bubba..." I sigh, softly moving my fingers to his shoulders, over his shoulders to his collarbones, to his chest and down to his abs, looking at all the bruises he got.

He always gets goosebumps when I touch him like this, put I always get goosebumps when he touches me like that too. "I'm okay, doesn't hurt too much. You, on the other hand, slightly flinched when I picked you up just now... Are you bruised?" he asks me, grabbing a washcloth and making it wet. "Yeah, but I'm okay too" I reply, nodding my head. "Alright... Take it easy, okay? Get some rest tomorrow, don't do too-" he tries to say, but I already interrupt him. "'-much working out, and try to find a comfortable position to be in', I know" I giggle, making him smile. "Sorry, I just get worried about you, darling" Steve sighs, as he softly starts to clean up the cuts on my face. "I know" I silently reply, softly smiling at him. He takes care of the cuts on my face, and after that, I take care of the cuts on his. "Hey, did you know that Tony asked me out again today? He just keeps trying and trying, over and over again" I tell, giggling about it. "He's kinda stupid for that, you obviously don't want him" Steve chuckles, so I shake my head.