𝐃𝐚𝐝𝐝𝐲 | 𝐑𝐚𝐧𝐬𝐨𝐦 𝐃𝐫𝐲𝐬𝐝𝐚𝐥𝐞

A/N: Ransom becoming a dad😭

Warnings: fluff, soft Ransom, parenting

__________

-

"I have to go to the bathroom, can you hold Hayley?" I ask, looking at my fiance after we just got home from the hospital. I gave birth to our little baby daughter there, and today, we took her home. Labor actually went pretty well, Ransom was by my side the whole time and when Hayley was born, he took off his shirt and just sat there with her on his chest.

He looked at her in a way that I've only ever seen him looking at me, with lots of love and care in his eyes. He was so excited when I told him that I was pregnant, it was adorable and I never saw him that happy, except for the moment I said 'yes' when he asked me to marry him.

We didn't plan our wedding yet, simply because we were going to be parents. We wanted to focus on the baby first, before planning a wedding. "Oh, uh, just put her in the little crib there" Ransom finally replies to my question, sitting down on the couch and grabbing his phone.

"It'll just take a second, honey" I add, frowning a little. "Yeah, so just put her in the crib for that second" he says, so I raise my eyebrows. "Alright then..." I sigh, walking past him towards the little crib in our living room. I look at him for a moment longer, but he's not looking up from his phone.

"Okay sweetie, I'll be right back" I whisper, kissing my daughter's forehead before walking away. When I get back from the bathroom, I hear Hayley crying. I quickly get to the living room, and see Ransom standing there, making "shh" sounds as he bent down over the side of the crib.

He looks up once he hears me coming in, and stands up straight again. "She- she's crying" he says, looking at me before looking back at Hayley. "I noticed, you can pick her up to comfort her" I reply, slowly walking towards the kitchen. "That's alright" he sighs, walking away from the crib and sitting down on the couch again.

I take two bottles of water with me, handing one over to Ransom and putting the other one on the table. "You okay, sweetie?" I ask, getting to the crib and taking Hayley out. I pick her up, and start to walk around her little while making "shh" sounds. It seems to calm her down, so I keep doing it until she falls asleep in my arms.

I put her back into the crib, and let her sleep in there. "Are you okay, honey?" I ask, slowly walking up to Ransom and sitting down on his lap so he puts his phone away. "Yup, all good. How are you feeling? Do you need anything? Doesn't it hurt when you're on my lap? It probably hurts, it's way too hard, you should be on a pillow" he replies, grabbing a pillow from next to him and putting it on the couch.

"I'm fine like this, don't worry so much" I giggle, wrapping my arms around his neck. "Are you sure?" he asks, looking very worried. "Yes, honey" I giggle again, giving him a little kiss on his lips. "What do you want for dinner, baby?" Ransom asks again. "I don't feel like cooking though... Maybe Chinese takeout? Or burgers? Oh, fries!" I happily reply, making him laugh.

"I'll go get some McDonald's for us then" he chuckles, taking me off his lap as I nod my head. "Can you bring me a milkshake too, please?" I ask, putting on my puppy eyes. "Ofcourse, sweetheart" he chuckles again, giving me one kiss before leaving. "You have a cute dad, little one" I sigh, looking at the crib where Hayley is asleep.

After a little while, Ransom comes back home with the food. We have dinner together, and do the dishes together too. "I'm gonna go take a shower before bed, can you get her to her bedroom?" I ask, walking towards the stairs. "Oh, no, thanks" he replies, giving me a quick smile. "Hugh, please? I just want to take a shower and get some sleep, please take her to her bedroom and get her ready for bed" I add, but he shakes his head.

"No, I-I don't want to" he says, which makes me frown. "Seriously?" I silently ask again, so he slowly nods his head and looks at his phone. I let out a sigh, shake my head and walk back to Hayley's crib again. "Goodnight" I say, looking at Ransom after taking Hayley out. He's not replying, so I sigh again and take our daughter upstairs.

I get her ready for bed on my own, and once she's asleep, I make my way to our own bedroom. Ransom isn't here yet, so I just put on my pajamas and lay down in bed. I wanted to take a shower, but since Ransom probably won't go to Hayley when she's crying, I'll just go to bed so that I can hear her.

I fall asleep after a while of still being along, but wake up again in the middle of the night after Hayley already woke me up at 1am. I reach out to my nightstand, and look at my phone. It's 3am, so I let out a silent sigh and turn around with my eyes closed. I move my arm over to Ransom's side, but instead of touching his chest, I touch the mattress.

I open my eyes, and indeed, he's not here. "For God's sake..." I whisper to myself, sitting up straight. I slowly get out of bed, and walk down the stairs. I see Ransom sitting at the dinner table, with a glass of water in front of him. He just stares at it, with a little frown on his face.

I silently walk up to him, but it's like he's in a different world right now. I lean against the wall, watching him breathe before he grabs the glass of water to take a sip. He puts it down again and let's out a loud sigh, making me frown as well.

"Are you coming to bed, honey?" I ask, and he quickly looks up. "Uh, yeah, I'll be there soon" he replies, before looking back at the glass. I walk up to him, and sit down on the chair next to him. "Talk to me, Hugh... What's going on? You don't want to hold Hayley, you're not paying attention and you're not in bed with me at 3am" I say, but he's not looking at me.

"Ransom, look at me" I add, but still nothing. I stay silent for a little moment before placing my hand on his cheek and turning his face my way. "Hugh, please tell me what's going on..." I silently sigh, almost whispering. Suddenly, his eyes slowly start to tear up.

"Come here, honey" I say, pulling him towards me and wrapping my arms around him. He buries his face in my neck, taking shocking breaths which makes me awere of the fact that's he's crying a little. "It's okay, it'll be okay, I'm here sweetheart" I whisper, and he wraps his arms around my waist, holding me tight.

After a while of just letting it out, he backs off again. He gives me one little kiss on my lips before sitting up straight, and wiping away his tears. "I'm sorry..." he sighs, looking at his hands before looking back at me again. "Don't apologize, Hugh. I just want to know what's going on, I'm worried about you" I reply, so he takes a deep breath and slowly nods his head.

"You know, I... I-I'm just scared... I'm a dad now, a-and my dad sucks... I don't want to be like him, so what if I am? What if I fuck it all up for her? For you? I don't want to be a father like my own, I don't want her to feel terrible because of the things I say... I don't want to be like my dad Amelia, I really don't want to be like my dad and I'm just scared that I am..." he explains, making me tear up as well.

"You are nothing like your own father, Hugh. You are going to be the best dad in the whole wide world, you already are! I'll never forget the look on your face and the love in your eyes when you first held Hayley, you are the best dad ever. You really are, and you're only gonna get better and better. We're in this together, you and me. We can do this, you can do this. I wouldn't want to do this with anyone else but you, honey. I love you, best dad in the world!" I tell, making him smile.

He leans in, and kisses my lips again. "I love you, best mom in the world" he chuckles, and we kiss again before going to bed together. Hayley wakes up very early in the morning, and Ransom gets out to get her. The little talk we had really helped him, he's the best dad in the world, and there's not one thing I regret doing with him.