𝐓𝐚𝐥𝐤 𝐓𝐨 𝐌𝐞 | 𝐑𝐚𝐧𝐬𝐨𝐦 𝐃𝐫𝐲𝐬𝐝𝐚𝐥𝐞

A/N: she just wants everything to be a little more clear

Warnings: fluff, talking about smut, insecurity

__________

-

"Fuck... That was awesome..." Ransom says, still catching his breath from the amazing sex we just had. "Yes, it was" I giggle, turning to my side to face him. Ransom and I have been seeing each other for a while now, but we never went out on a date or something. We only hung out, and yeah, we went out for dinner a few times, but never as a date.

We kiss each other, cuddle with each other and have sex with each other, but I'm not sure what we are. It makes me feel insecure, because I'm not the prettiest girl and I don't even know if I'm his type. We never talked about what we are, so I guess we're just kind of friends with benefits. I don't want that, I want to be more than that, but I don't think he wants that.

I'm staring at the ceiling as I get more and more insecure about who I am and how I look, pulling the covers up to cover my whole body except for my neck and head while Ransom gets out of bed and takes off the condom before putting on some clothes. I just keep staring at the ceiling, drowning in my own bad thoughts until Ransom pulls me out of them.

"Amelia?" he asks, like he ready said something before. "Hm? What?" I ask in reply, looking at him as I put my arms on top of the covers, holding it in place so I'm still covered to my neck. "Hey, you alright?" he asks, putting on his jeans as he looks right at me. "Yeah, I'm good" I reply, giving him a quick fake smile before looking away again.

"Are you sure?" he asks yet again, putting on his shirt and his coat now. "Yeah" I say, reaching out to my phone on my nightstand. "Hey, look at me" Ransom adds, walking over to the side of the bed I'm on, and sitting down. I look up at him and try to hide the worry and sadness in my eyes, giving him another fake smile as he frowns a little.

"What's going on?" he asks, using his fingers to move some strings of hair out of my face. "Nothing, I'm good" I giggle, still faking it as he shakes his head. "Something is going on with you, Amelia. Did you not finish?" he asks, and I give him a genuine smile now, for only a second. "I did, you know I did" I sigh, looking at my phone again.

Ransom keeps looking at me in silence, and stands up after a moment of me not looking back at him. He let's out a sigh, and grabs his phone. "Hey mom, so I- No, I can't. Nope, still not gonna happen. I just have a thing and- No I can't cancel it, ofcourse I can't. I'll be there next week, yeah, I will. I'm just gonna fucking hang up now, bye" I hear him exclaim, making me look up as he hangs up the phone again.

I just keep looking at mine, not wanting to make eye contact because I don't want to cry right now. Ransom sits down next to me again, looking right at me while I keep looking at my phone. Before saying anything after another while of silence, he grabs my phone our of my hands and throws it to the other side of the bed.

"Hey!" I loudly say, frowning  as I try to reach it, but he grabs my arms gently and holds me back from taking my phone. "Talk to me" he adds, looking right into my eyes. "I'm fine Ransom, you can go to that family dinner thing" I reply, but he shakes his head again. "Don't lie to me, there's no need. You're not 'fine', now tell me what's going on" Ransom sighs, making me look at him my placing his hand on my cheek for a moment.

"Just go, we'll talk later" I say, earning a huge loud sigh from him. "You're really gonna let me leave when you're feeling like shit? Wait, let me correct that; You reallt think I'm gonna leave when you're feeling like shit?" he asks, making me look at him again. "Yeah, I do" I silently reply, making him frown again.