Chapter 60: Antonio is one in a million

A/n: I'm sorry guys for posting late again. Also this chapter is unedited. Bear with me for now. 😞

Antonio pov

Standing before jayden's door, I knocked once and I instantly got the response to 'come in'

It wasn't locked so I pushed the door open and entered. I met Jayden sitting on the bed and keenly staring at a photo frame he was holding. It was mother's photograph and All of a sudden he hid the photograph when he realized I was the one who'd walked in.

"What are you doing here Antonio?!" He asked, looking so easy like someone who'd been caught in a criminal act.

I peeked at the photo which he had faced down on the bed and said. "I saw that already. Why do you've to hide it."

Jayden scoffed and brushed his hands through his hair. He didn't bother to deny it.
"Yeah I hid because I know you'll try to annoy me." He seethed, blinking his eyes multiple times.

He was looking angry but I could tell he wasn't really angry. He was just foaming on his anxiety and the nervousness that I've caught him staring at mother's photo— the woman he'd come to hate nearly throughout his life. Wait... how did he even get a copy of mother's frame? There could only be one answer. He'd kept her frame all along which just proved my assumption right about him. That he'd lowkey been wishing mother could come back and he'd missed her too but was just making a facade that he hates her so much.
However I didn't want to bring all that up. At least not now.

"It hurts right? Just when we thought we were finally going to be with mother again. We are told she's dead." I pointed out sadly.

"Yeah, whatever." Jayden said nonchalantly. His eyes darting everyone like he doesn't give a care in the world.

Suppressing my sudden rage, I scoffed

"Would you drop the act already? Stop acting like you do not care about mother because we both know you do. Even before we finally knew the truth about why mother left us, you lowkey yearned to be with her again and deep down you still loves her so much. Because why else would you even bother to keep her photo frame if you really didn't give a damn about her." I spoke slowly and calmly with a smirk.

Jayden was speechless for a while and his dark eyes emitted both fury and pains.

"I know you're pretty down right now jayden but it will be fine. We will all get through this..." I soothed and placed a palm on Jayden shoulder but he wriggled his shoulder harshly making my hand fall down.
"I'm fine. I'm perfectly fine jayden. I don't need any pity party." He rasped rudely.

I didn't push it. I just touched my temple and sighed. Then get to the reason why I came here.

"Fine then. where have you been since last night?"

"I Went for a drive." Was his brief response.

"All through the night?" I asked with arched brow.

"Yes." He replied but hell I can't buy that.
He can't possibly spent The spend the entirely night driving.

"Assuming that is true why would you go on an overnight drive?"

"In as much as it has nothing to do with you, I just felt like it. Satisfied?" Replied jayden sarcastically and looked away.

Now that's bullshit. There could only be one valid reason for him to sleep outdoors and that's probably the effect of mother's death. Of course it is.... I know jayden so well. It does the craziest things when He's at his emotionally down, devasted or angry.

jayden POV.

Antonio kept giving me a kind of look I couldn't read after I'd told him I just went to drive because I felt like it. The looks was fucking annoying the shit out of me cause it gave me the feeling that he didn't believe me.