Chapter 2: Clarrisa De' Costa? (Ediited)

My brothers' hatred for me has taken a new shape.  They no longer just bully me, but every weekend, they will ask me to dress up and take me out to men. My body became their money-making machine. I wasn't only having bruises on my body now, but my Virginia is an eye sore.

Everything just hurt and I can't bear it anymore. I can't.

"Mother," I called out softly as I arrived at the kitchen. It's a Monday morning and mom is preparing breakfast. As for me, I'm here to speak out.

Taking a glance behind her, mum offered a warm smile at the sight of me.  "Oh my darling. You are awake."

But then, the smile on her face suddenly turned into a frown as if noticing something.
"Clarissa? Why are you looking that way?" She asked worriedly.

"Uh...I...wall...what do you mean?" I mumbled. Even Without checking myself up in the mirror, I know I'm a mess. I could my eyes bulging out, my hair messed up and dry tears plastering my cheeks or maybe I'm the only one feeling the latter cause the next thing Mum said, made me clench my fist beside me.

"Why do you have so much bags under your eyes? Don't tell me you read overnight."

Seriously? Read? Fine, reading overnight is my guilty pleasure and mum knows but why is she failing to notice that her daughter is broken?

Why can't she detect that the reason I'm like this is because I've cried through the night? At least, It would be easier to open up to her that way right?

"No mum... I wasn't...Yes, I had an assignment." I settled for a lie, suddenly finding it hard to spill the beans. god! I thought I'd rehearsed everything to say.

"Okay, I know my little Princess is a bookworm and I'm very proud of you but you need to take things easy on yourself okay?"mom sighed and said, smiling.

I tried to smile but I couldn't.  I could only nod.

"Now go and get dressed for school, let me hurry over breakfast." She hyperactively walked up to me, gave me a kiss on the forehead before going to the veggies she was chopping.

However, I suddenly felt electrocuted at a spot. I couldn't leave but at the same time, It was suddenly difficult to voice out any word.

Heck! Why can't I just do it? 

"Mum..." I finally muffled out as I felt hot liquid  rolling down my cheek.

But turns to me and a worried frown crossed her face.
"Oh my goodness! What's wrong??"

I sniffled trying to hide the tears but instead, they came pouring down with a new vigor. I just couldn't control it.

"My bro...They...I want to leave." I sobbed, hiccuped, I was a crying mess. 

by this time, Mum was really worried and thr last word I said made her face contort in shock.

"Baby?" She brushed my hair back and cupped my face into her palms. "What do you mean?" She asked.

"I want to leave home. I don't want to be here anymore. Just let me go that's all I ask for." I cried.

"You can't just leave like that. What happened? Did someone hurt you? Was it one of your brothers? you can talk to..."

"No," I cut her off immediately. "They didn't do anything. I just want to leave. I want to be alone."

Call me a coward but I just can't risk telling her about them. She will only scold them and pet me to stay while I'll turn out to be the victim.

My entire stay in the kitchen, was spent with me trying to  persuade mum to allow me leave but instead, she ended up petting me to stay. Off course she wouldn't let me leave.