Chapter 20: Break all mafia rules

Clarrisa pov
Rules? God No! I don't know why but I see trouble knocking. Rules are very strict and sensitive and from the moment Antonio made mention of rules, I squirmed. What are the rules gonna be like? What if I break a rule? Rules come with punishment but what type of punishment would they give me?

"And the rules are. One, Respect your older brothers. Two, Don't take permission before you use stuff in general, every property in a house is owned by everyone. Lastly, No intake  of drugs, cigarettes, or any hard substances."

The rules aren't that difficult to observe. Well maybe except for the using stuff without permission. I'll find it so hard to adapt.

"Permission to oppose," Rechel spoke up gaining the attention of everyone. "Not like anyone can stop me though but the last time I checked. The de costas are the biggest drug dealers here in Italy. If you so abhor drugs then do you push it? Why do you make riches off it? I mean angry bird was ready to kill me when my gang stole your shipments that contain drugs." She said so confidently with no ounce of fear in her.

Silence reigned for a while as Jayden, Matoe and Liam shared glances but Antonio was just looking straight up with a blank expression.

So...wait my brothers push drugs? From what I've heard. Drug pushing is one grieve crime and people who do it are dangerous and ruthless. Does this mean my brothers are dangerous?

Signing, Antonio spoke up "look here, Rechel. We were all born into this business and selling drugs is a very crucial part of our business. We don't force people to buy from us but we don't take drugs in this family"

"You didn't get to this stage of being the most powerful and feared mafia empire by being decent or do you?" Rechel scoffed.

"No," Antonio nodded "but our success so far is as a result of our unity and cooperation right Matoe?"

Matt was startled a bit as Antonio mentioned his name. He looked so much uneasy.

"Yeah...Right," his smile quickly faded off as soon as it came.

No one said any more words until Jayden spoke just while we started eating. "Least I forget who's Angry bird by the way?" He directed to Rechel

"You of course.' Liam answered instead. "And thinking about that... the name suits you. If you ask me. " Liam shrugged and chuckled. Matoe did a chuckle too.
I quite agree with Liam tho and the name sounded funny but I dared not laugh or chuckle.

"Ever think of calling me that and I'll feed you with your head." Jayden groveled. Liam rolled his eyes and didn't say a word.

Sounds of cutlery were the only sound heard as we all ate the delicious pan cand Jayden had prepared.
After breakfast, Antonio gave us a piece of information that shook me with dread. He said he'd check Liam's school chart and next week his school will resume. (It was a shocker to know Liam was still a highschooler tho) but that wasn't my problem until he included that I and Rechel will be starting school too along with Liam.
I don't know but school is the very last place I ever want to be. Ever since my experience so far, I don't want to be in another hell mistaken for a school. I wanted to voice that out but was scared but my sister didn't waste time in opposing Antonio.

She declined to go to school with the claim that she isn't some kid who needs to go schooling.

"We will see about that" was Antonio's response to her which just completely broke my courage in trying to speak up.
Liam still maintains the frowning face he had the moment Antonio talked to him about school. He even grumbled. I guess he also doesn't welcome the school idea.
"So I'll be leaving now sisters. I've some business to attend to. Matoe, Jayden come with me." Antonio said while standing from his seat.