Chapter 39: sweetest among my brothers

Flashback.

"Please stop it Micheal that's enough already." Mother was lying battered on the floor, crying profusely and begging father who keeps punching and kicking the living hell out of her.

A 6 years old me was standing behind dad, crying and screaming for dad to stop but as usual he pays deaf ears and kept hitting mother, thrashing her on the floor like garbage.

"You stupid bitch. How dare you try to talk back at me when I'm talking Huh?" With every word he said, he rained punches on mother's face. Mother's blood was staining him but as the beast that he is, he didn't stop.

"I'm sorry Micheal, I swear I won't do it again." Mother cried, her voice lacing with pain and weakness.

Father grinned Evilly and dragged mother up by her hair and then dug his fingers into her chin. "Now listen up and listen good. I'm the man of this house. I can fuck as many whores as I want. You've no damn right to stick your nose in my business and question me for it. Got it." He yelled and mother nodded fearfully in tears.

He then smirked and pushed mother to the bed.
He starts loosing his belt and I just knew he was done yet, he was going to sexually abuse Mum again.

"No please Micheal don't do this. I don't want to." Mother says trembling as she curls herself up on the bed.

As if noticing a little boy was around, father-the bastard rather looked at me and asked me to get lost but I  stuck around.

"No, I won't have  you do this to mother. Enough of this dad!!" I mustered up courage to yell at dad. Anger crossed him  and he struck my face with a tight slap. My whole body shook in pain as I fell hard to the ground. I heard mother winced.

"You've no damn right to yell at me Antonio, I'm your father." He yelled and dragged me out of the door and shut the door but as usual
I glued to the door.

Hearing mother's cry of pain and her  screams as dad rapes, was breaking me.

I was feeling so useless. The only thing I could do was cry.

After moments past, he was finally out. I went inside and rushed to mother who was crying on the bed. I embraced her into my tiny arms, patting her to stop crying.

"Mother what's keeping you?!" Asked mother as we were back to normal. "Why don't you leave that monster already? Do you want him to kill you?"

Mother smiled sadly and cupping my face she repeated her usual sermon, "c'mon Antonio stop saying that. Your father will never kill me. He's just... he's high on his drugs that's why he acted that way. Besides I can't leave him because I don't want you and your brothers to grow up without a father."

"Well, I'll rather be fatherless than have a monster for a father. Mother I swear to you, I'm going to kill him the moment I grow up so that you can finally have your peace." I spat angrily. Mother just chuckled sadly and then pulled me into a hug.

Flashback ends.

"Shit!!!" I yelled and thrashed the bottles on the table down to the floor, I attracted eyes instantly.

"Are you alright Antonio?!" John asked in panic and concern.

No, I'm fucking not. Talk about a worthless person and give me the medal. I couldn't fulfill my promise to Mum, I couldn't save her neither was I the one who killed dad—he died reckless in a war.
And now my baby sister is terrified of me.

"My baby sister is fucking terrified of me!!" I yelled and knocked down the table before me.

Ignoring john's questions, I stormed out of the bar. I was physically seeing red. It was a miracle that I didn't run into an accident as I sped home with the car John had brought.