Chapter 48: getting checked out

"Are you alright baby?" Antonio asked a bit worried.

"I—I am kind of sca—scared of hospitals... I ... can we just do this some other time" I mumbled, chewing my lips and bowing my head to avoid Antonio gaze. I regretted saying that though as I realized How Antonio had sacrificed his time to bring me and now I'm just going to waste it?

I could feel Antonio gaze on me for a long while and that got me more panicked. Is he angry at me? God...No pl...

"C'mon sweetie you don't have to be scared alright?" To my suprise Antonio voiced out in a pacific voice and squat down to my level.

"Trust me you aren't going to get hurt that's for sure. Yeah maybe some of the treatment may sting  a little but  you'll be fine."

If only he knows there's more to this than just the physical pains. Everything about this place is just hella traumatic for me.
When I was still reluctantly, he Sighed and took my palm into his making me stare at his face.

"Look if this is about your fear for men
, I can't tell you that they aren't men in there but I'll assure you one thing none of them will dare try do anything funny. You really have to do this. Whether we postpone it or not, you'll certainly have to face it and if you really want to get over your past baby, you should start learning to face your fears now. Nether the less, I'll be with you every step of the way okay?" Antonio reassured me, beaming with a warm smile as he gently caresses my hair like a baby.

His words and assurance, relieved me a bit.
I nodded and muttered a thank you to him.
I step down from the car and followed his lead. I literally clinger to him like a second skin, my arm wrapped around his arm.

As we thawed further into the building, I realized that the place didn't seem any close to a hospital. It look a building from ancient days and like a warehouse too. There were sole guards standing at the different post holding guns.

Each one we came across, bowed to Antonio. As we continue walked past them, I got really scared of how sacred they look so I've to tightened my grip on Antonio.

As if noticing my panic, Antonio glanced at me and without saying a word to me r turned to face everyone of the guys.

"Tutti voi cazzo, smettete di fissare mia sorella e nascondete le vostre fottute pistole!!"Antonio yelled in Italian making me flinch a bit.

(Everyone of you fucking  stop staring at my sister and hide your fucking guns!)

"Si...capo" they all chorused and bowed their head at once, also hiding their guns in the process.

(Sure Boss/yes boss)

I don't know what Antonio said but I really appreciated that no one got to stare at me again neither do I see any holding guns till we finally arrived a office.

A very beautiful office. It was way the opposite of the outside building, everywhere looks sparking and classic. There was a female doctor in there.

The doctor acknowledged Antonio with a bow and Antonio responded with a nod.
"Clarrisa this is doctor sarah. She's will taking you through all the medical precedures." Antonio told me.

And wow I was really grateful that he got me a female doctor.

"Oh...Ok" I nodded.