Chapter 54: Knock Knock

"Sasuke please come out.." Itachi had been waiting patiently for the younger to come back down stairs, when a few hours had passed he finally felt obligated to go up and try and interact with him. He knocked on the door and said what he said in hopes that Sasuke would answer. When he heard nothing he frowned and knocked again. "You need to apologize to him." He said hesitantly, he knew it wasn't really his place to say anything but overall Sasuke was in the wrong and he knew that his brother had to of known that too.

"Go away." Finally a voice came from the room. The door was locked so it wasn't as if he could just walk in freely. "I'm not leaving until you come out." Itachi retaliated, he knew his brother needed someone to talk to and his best bet for fixing anything between him and the blonde was to talk it out with him first.

There was silence once again which only led to Itachi knocking once more. Before he knew it there was a clicking noise coming from the door handle and soon it cracked open. He took the initiative to open it the rest of the way and saw Sasuke sitting at his desk like he hadn't even moved. His brother was holding a piece of paper in his hand and looked to be scanning over the sheet as if trying to remember every word on the page.

Itachi stood in the doorway with his body pressed against the frame of it. "What is that?" He asked cautiously and to his surprise Sasuke was reluctant to respond. "It's a love letter."

It was more than surprising that Sasuke had a love letter in his hand, even more so that he was reading it. He knew from the years of him being in high school that he received plenty of love letters from girls in every class and or grade, but knew better that Sasuke would always throw them away in the kitchen trash can when he got home. Of course those were the notes the girls some how managed to sneak into his backpack, the notes he didn't already throw away at school.

"Who wrote it?" Itachi asked not moving from his spot, he knew his place and wouldn't dare push further. "I did." Sasuke said with a scratchy voice. It had sounded like the man had been crying the entire time hiding in his room. Instantly Itachi felt bad, he couldn't bare to hear the raspiness in his voice. "Sasuke..." He took a deep breath before moving to where his back was pressed against to the door frame and slid down to sit, he pushed one leg out and held one leg up while resting an arm on the knee that was bent.

"If you love him that much... then you need to fix this." Itachi knew what he said wouldn't be taken lightly, and Sasuke knew if his brother was saying he was in the wrong then he must of been.

The younger let out a soft sigh before placing the letter down and leaning back in his chair. "He hates me...more now than ever.."

Itachi actually started to laugh, he couldn't believe the dumb words coming out of Sasuke's mouth. It wasn't just a simple laugh, no. It was hysterical.

"Are you really that dense?" He asked with a bright smile. "That boy loves you more than he loves himself. Don't get it confused just because he was hurt by what you said." Itachi started to get up, before soon he stood closer to the desk and placed a hand onto it, giving his brother a look of acceptance.

"You go there...right now... and fix this." He said before using his other hand to pull up his iconic index finger and middle finger, gently pushing his younger brothers forehead keeping that same smile on his lips. "In fact...I'll drop you off."

Sasuke could feel tears building once again in his eyes. "Tch." He scuffed before pulling away and finally coming to an agreement. He was going to fix this and make it right no matter what, because he loves that blonde idiot.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Naruto had just sent Kiba home after spending the last few hours discussing everything that transpired at the Uchiha residence, not only talking about who may have said something to the cops but also the stupid argument that occurred.