Chapter 6: Ride

It only took Naruto a little under five minutes before he found Kiba and Hinata outside on the back patio downstairs. "Hey Kiba did you still need a ride? Sasuke is hammered and needs to go home, I'm gonna drive him." Kiba only shook his head and looked at Hinata. "She said she'd give me a ride. Drive carefully and get Sasuke home safely. Don't want Itachi wondering what happened to his little brother, you'd probably get fired." He said with a goofy smile. Naruto only rolled his eyes and made his way back inside.

When he got back to the living room he noticed Sasuke was gone. "Shit.." he huffed under his breath, immediately regretting walking away. Sasuke was too messed up to be roaming the party by himself or worse driving home already. He hoped he wouldn't leave him behind but when it came to Sasuke it was unpredictable. Quickly he searched the entire bottom floor before making his way upstairs in hopes that he wasn't up there making a menace of himself again. He checked the rooms including the bathrooms but no Sasuke in site. "Damn it!" He argued before stumbling down the stairs. He decided searching the house any further was now pointless.

He walked down the cement path in the direction of Sasuke's car. When he finally saw it on site, he began picking up the pace and walking over to the driver door. He cautiously opened the door knowing he didn't have the keys and didn't want to set off the alarm. Luck seemed to be on his side, the doors were unlocked, he pulled it open and leaned down to look in only to see Sasuke sitting in the passenger seat with his seatbelt already on. "About time." The raven stated before rolling his head over to look at Naruto.

A soft chuckle escaped the tan man's lips, he leaned down and sat into the driver seat shutting the door beside him. He looked at Sasuke as he adjusted himself into the black leather seats. "Keys?" He asked while holding out a hand as if waiting for him to give them to him. Sasuke lifted his hand up while leaning forward in his seat, he gently cupped Naruto's hand and brought it towards the ignition where the keys were hanging from. "Here." Sasuke said before releasing the man's hand. Naruto felt his heart start to patter in his chest, he did his best to avoid eye contact. "Right." He said with a shaky voice.

Naruto couldn't exactly figure out what was going on or what Sasuke was doing. First he asks him questions about what he thought of him, then he's practically holding him hostage, and now he's just being touchy for no reason. It was confusing and reminded him a lot of how Sasuke was in high school. Yeah he would bully him and push him around while also calling him names, but there was a side of Sasuke that no one saw when the two were alone. For example, In high school they both got detention in their home room for getting into a slightly physical fight, it was mainly just pushing and pulling but it was enough for the teacher to see and call out for punishment.

After the school day was over and they returned to their home room for detention, it was really quiet between the two. Which wasn't out of the ordinary, when the teacher that stayed behind gave them an extra packet of work to do, she left. Mrs. Shizune said she would return in thirty minutes and expected the packet to be done by then. The room only got more quiet when it was just them, Naruto kept his head down not wanting to start any confrontation with the Uchiha. Turns out though that Sasuke had other plans.

It had been fifteen minutes since the teacher left, leaving another fifteen till she was to return. The sound of a chair scrapping the hard terrazzo floor screeched an echo through the classroom. Naruto picked up his head to see Sasuke standing and begin walking over to him. His immediate thought was he was coming to finish the job from their fight that morning, but instead Sasuke pulled out the chair that was beside Naruto and sat in it. Now being side by side at the same table, Naruto got nervous. He refused to say anything and instead just eyeballed his paperwork. It wasn't until he heard Sasuke say, "I'm sorry." When he finally turned to look at the man next to him.