Chapter 12: No Advice

Naruto had spent his night texting Sakura, he had been begging her for well over ten minutes asking for her to come over. He needed someone to talk to and texting wasn't working. When she finally agreed to come over and drop what she was doing, she knocked on Naruto's front door. Her goofy friend opened the door with a big smile, he was happy to have a friend who was willing to listen to his problems. He'd call Kiba, but knowing him, he wouldn't actually listen let alone give advice. And advice was exactly what he needed. "Thank you Sakura, I owe you one!" He said while inviting her in.

"Honestly, I was studying for my certification, but it is Friday and I should probably relax from work related things." She said as she took off her shoes, she'd been prepping for her final exam to become a registered nurse. Since graduation she's been working at the hospital full time in training.

Naruto put on a some random movie he found that had been just released a month prior. He really had no intentions on watching the movie but background noise was a must. He microwaved a bag of popcorn and poured it into a big blue bowl before sitting down next to her on the couch. "I need to talk to you about something." He said softly while picking up a handful of popcorn and handing the bowl over to his friend. She looked at him with confusion, it wasn't out of the ordinary that he would search for advice but given the circumstances and the way he was presenting this, she had a feeling of concern. "About?" She responded trying to catch his gaze.

He kept his eyes locked on the tv even though his mind was racing and he wasn't paying attention to the film. Sakura waved a hand in front of his face while sighing. "Earth to Narutoooo." She said dragging out his name in a teasing manor. He flinched from the quick movement in front of him and turned his head to face her. There was silence for a moment before he cleared his throat from a kernel in it. "Well.." he hesitated before turning his gaze away once again, but this time to his hand full of corn. "It's about Sasuke." He could feel his throat start to close, and his heart was starting to ache. It wasn't long until he realized that maybe he shouldn't of brought this up with her of all people.

"What about him? You guys seem like friends, there's no way he's still pissing you off." She said as she nonchalantly leaned back into the couch and eating a few more pierces. "Actually... it's the opposite..." Naruto responded before finishing the last bit of popcorn in his hand. The movie had continued to play but once Sakura heard his last sentence she leaned forward and pressed pause on the controller, stopping the movie and cutting out any background noise that was previously heard. "Wait...what do you mean?" She placed the bowl onto the table before scooting to the edge of the couch. Naruto's heart beat started to pick up in speed.

"I...I don't really know.." He responded, attempting to be cautious with what he says. It was true that he wasn't quite sure either what he meant, but without advice he'd never figure it out. He twisted in a position where he was sitting sideways facing his friend, scooting back a little to provide her with more space. "Do you like him?" She asked with a questioning look, it wouldn't be too surprising considering he is one of the hottest guys in town, everyone seemed to have an attraction to him. "Yeah I like him, we're friends you know?" Naruto asked innocently, enough to make his pink haired friend face palm.

"Do you like-like him?" She repeated her question but this time making it clear as to what she meant. Naruto's eyes widened slightly and his cheeks started to warm up, it was clearly visible it embarrassed him which was enough to answer her question without words. He looked back down at his lap before responding. "I don't know." His friend only smiled, a smile which Naruto couldn't see at first. "If you think you don't know...then you do." She said with her smile only growing, this caused the blonde to look up and catch gaze with her. His heart was pounding deep in his throat, his cheeks were flushed and his stomach fluttered. He couldn't say anything which in the moment was fine.