Chapter 40: Will You?

He waited with anticipation for a response back from his boyfriend. He was wondering if he was even allowed to call him that after what happened. It had felt like hours waiting for a message back, he wondered if maybe Sasuke went to sleep. He assumed that must of been the case leaving him to believe maybe it was best for him to go to sleep as well. That of course was before his phone went off leading him to checking it immediately.

10:24:PM—Sasuke: Not really...

Naruto was happy the raven responded but from the text he got he couldn't help but feel sadness mixed in his emotions. The blonde sighed to himself as he looked down at his leg before responding. "Damn it..." All Naruto wanted was to be by his side. And apologize for everything.

10:25PM—Naruto: Do you remember anything?

He knew it was a risky question to ask over text, but just like before it felt almost easier doing it via phone than in person. There's something about the absence of Sasuke's possible anger or resentment that made it simpler. He knew that Sasuke hadn't remembered when he woke up and he doubted that he remembered anything already, but anything is possible and Sasuke is practically unpredictable even unwilling.

10:27PM—Sasuke: I remember it all.

The blondes heart jumped up to his throat, he could feel uneasiness spread like wild fire through his blood. Nausea was almost immediately put in effect. He knew that a response was imminent but was unable to find the right way to respond.

10:30PM—Naruto: Everything?

Again he knew it was a risky question but it needed to be answered. Just how much did Sasuke remember?

In the Uchiha's room, he was staring at the message back from the blonde. He clicked his teeth before locking his phone and setting it on his chest. He had remembered everything while Itachi and Naruto were there visiting, just minutes before they had left due to visiting hours being over which was eight o'clock. Naruto had mentioned something that reminded him of the messages he had sent to Naruto the night of the accident. One thing plugged into another and he remembered as if it flashed through his mind as Itachi rolled Naruto out of the room. When Naruto had told him to text him that's when he recalled.

While sitting there contemplating responding, all he could think about was the plethora of messages he had sent him the night of Kiba's party. One of which he was unaware of, he even recalled believing that it was only to be Naruto and Kiba that night. Of course the following events with Suigetsu and the altercation outside was part of these flashbacks, however what led to it is what was bugging him. Why didn't Naruto text him back? Why did he choose to ignore him? Did he do something to make him feel the need to just ignore him?

While knowing he shouldn't discuss this over the phone he couldn't help himself. There was a magnetic pull between him and the blonde, one he couldn't fight back. He found himself texting his boyfriend, which he had only hoped was still the correct label.

10:35PM—Sasuke: Why did you ignore me?

Naruto froze, his question was enough to know that he knew everything. He remembers every aching detail of that night. How pitiful he begged for him to listen to him and couldn't even get a word across to him. The night Sasuke said he hated him and then shortly after admitted his love for him. His body was covered in goosebumps and cold sweats but nonetheless he had to respond.

10:38PM—Naruto: Suigetsu made me think you were only going to hurt me. I was drunk and vulnerable...I know now that I was dumb to believe him...But he was so convincing and it almost made sense.