Chapter 41: Shhhh

(AN- I'm attempting to finish this story before 03/14/2023– will it actually happen? Probably not. ^.^)

_________________________________

Naruto was shocked to hear that question to say the least. Of course the same applies to him, he wanted nothing more than to be with him forever, but was Sasuke really serious? The grip he held on the ravens hand only grew tighter. "Sasuke..." He whispered quietly keeping his gaze locked with his. Even though Sasuke's face didn't seem happy it still expressed seriousness, he knew it wasn't hypothetical it was a paraphrase. He meant it.

The blue eyes widened in realization, it was clear to him that they were still going to remain together. Naruto ignored the pain in his leg so that way he could lean down and give Sasuke the kiss he had been wanting to give this whole time. His lips met with his as he leaned over him. The kiss was soft and passionate, one that was like a fairytale. Until they were rudely interrupted by Tsunade barging in through the closed door, Naruto quickly separated and sat up to look at her, his cheeks were bright red and embarrassment flooded him. "Quit it!" Tsunade said as she made her way to the other side of the bed.

"I need to check his vitals I don't need an incorrect read with you making his heart rate increase." She said as she pointed towards the machine that was clearly beeping louder than a normal rate. Sasuke only found it pleasing how embarrassed Naruto was, a smirk appeared on his face as he turned his head to look at Tsunade. Without asking she pressed the button to make the bed bend upwards so that way Sasuke was sitting up. She checked his vitals, eyes, ears, temp, ect. "You seem fine." She said as she moved away from the man.

"Your first time getting up should not of been alone. Big mistake on your behalf. Remember you have five staples in the back of your head. You are no where near ready to be making abrupt movements on your own. Understand?" She may be a doctor but she was stern like a mother.

Sasuke nodded his head in agreement. The doctor turned and looked at Naruto with somewhat of disapproval. "And you young man...you have been cleared to walk but that doesn't mean you take a little stroll wherever you please. Understand?" Naruto knew better than to argue back he nodded as well with a slight fear noticeable in his face. He grew up with Tsunade in and out of his life, he knew the consequences of not listening to her orders. "Yes ma'am."

"I would like to have a discussion with you in private, let's head back to your room shall we?" She said as she walked up to him and gave him a hand. Naruto looked back at Sasuke who was smiling at him, that same smile that's rare to see was being given to him, how lucky was he.

"Right." He said as he turned and grabbed her hand. She helped him up and out of the room and just before the door shut he smiled back at Sasuke who watched as he left.

"First things first." Tsunade started as she sat him down onto his bed. "Shower. Then we're going to change your bandages. Then we're going to discuss your discharge." Naruto wasn't shocked by anything other than the fact she had brought up discharging him. Really? He thought to himself, better to think it rather than say it.

Tsunade gathered up the clothes that Jiraiya had brought for him for this exact reason. She moved to the bathroom and set the clothes down onto the counter before coming back to the room. "I'll bring you in there, and you can attempt to bathe yourself okay? If by any chance you feel like you can't do it without getting your thigh wet, press the red button in there." She said pointing towards the bathroom. He nodded in response and took her hand once more to be led to the bathroom.

When the door shut he knew he was alone at this point. He looked at himself in the mirror and could see that his hair was still extremely filthy from the wreck, dirt and smudge marks were sporadic all over. He slowly and carefully untied the gown he was wearing from the back. He was still wearing boxers which he was very thankful for in the event he needs help.