Chapter 16: The Dinner

His wet clothes were in his hands as he walked to the kitchen of the Uchiha's home. The table had three plates already made with home made spaghetti and garlic bread on top with glasses full of what he assumed was coca-cola. Sasuke caught site of him just as he came around the corner and approached him reaching his hands out to take the clothes. Neither of the two said anything while Naruto handed them over, instead Itachi spoke up calling for Naruto to take a seat. Just as he did before, he sat in the same seat he did when he ate breakfast with them.

"Thank you for coming." Itachi said with a soft voice as he took a seat as well. He picked up his glass and took a sip then set it back down. "No, thank you for inviting me." Naruto responded with a smile and shortly after Sasuke came from the washer room and sat down next to him. "I hope you don't mind, I added something a little special to your guys drinks." Itachi said which shocked both of them, Naruto looked at Sasuke for an explanation but the confused look on the ravens face told him he had no idea either. "Rum. Nothing to crazy don't look so spooked." The older man said, which helped loosen Naruto's anxiety.

Sasuke really didn't want to drink considering he was planning on talking to Naruto sober, he would have done it when he arrived but the rain had other plans, so he took it upon himself to get up from the table and grab a water bottle from the refrigerator. When he sat back down Itachi gave him a questioning look. "No?" Sasuke shook his head in response and picked up his fork. "Not tonight." Even though Sasuke wanted to stay straight, that didn't mean Naruto wouldn't drink. Without hesitation he picked up the glass and took a very large sip, he knew it wouldn't hurt and it would probably loosen him up from being so stiff around them. Itachi chose not to make a comment any further and began eating his dinner.

"Thank you for the food." Naruto said as he bowed his head after setting his glass back down on the table. He may not have been taught manners by parents but knew enough to always say thank you before eating. "Your very welcome Naruto. Your always welcome." Itachi said with a reassuring voice. Conversations were picked up left and right and none of them hesitated to talk. The setting was comforting and Naruto had a really great time. With the chit chat going on, eating took longer than normal. Which no one seemed to complain about. Being around a table and enjoying a meal with more people than just himself was something he found enjoyable. It was like Itachi knew what to say and how to make it more interesting then a basic dinner.

While they ate Naruto had finished his rather large cup of rum and coke. Itachi noticed the empty glass and without asking picked it up bringing it to the kitchen to refill his glass, he continued the conversation they were having while pouring in the rum and then the brown soda. "It wasn't long after that, that he got his license." Itachi said across the room as he was walking back to the table with Naruto's glass and his that he refilled as well.

Their conversation was about Sasuke hitting a tree the first time he had gotten behind the wheel, it was said that he forgot which pedal was break as he approached the tree. He was just trying to park but instead of breaking he hit the gas. "It wasn't as bad as he's making it sound." Sasuke said with a curved smile. Naruto just chuckled to himself before taking another large gulp. "If it makes you feel any better, I've never drove on the high way." Naruto said in response, he leaned over nudging Sasuke's shoulder with his own while laughing.

The alcohol he had consumed was enough to loosen him up to where he felt wavy. It only seemed to make him want more, so he made sure to finish his glass once more that way he'd have a reason to stay a little longer. Itachi didn't even ask if he wanted another, instead he proceeded to get up and get a refill for the both of them again. Everyone was done with their food and after Itachi sat back down and handed Naruto his drink, Sasuke stood up and gathered up the plates to clear off the table. When he came back to the table he saw Itachi and Naruto tapping the tops of their glasses together as if cheering. His older brother glanced at him and tipped his glass into his direction. "One glass won't hurt you, come on join the party Sasuke."