Chapter 11: Mystery

{WARNING⚠️ DRUG USE, ALCOHOL USE, AND SEXUALITY TALK}

________________________________

"Sakura? What are you doing here?" Naruto asked his pink haired friend who walked in through the shops open garage doors, she had soft pink scrubs on and a to-go bag of food in her hand. "I figured I'd bring you two lunch!" She responded as she walked up to his station holding up the bag. His eyes narrowed towards the styrofoam containers inside. "Thanks Sakura." Sasuke said as he approached her from behind. Naruto watched as she handed him one of the containers that had his name on top with a heart before she handed Naruto's over to him still inside the bag. After talking with her about the lunch she got them she made her leave.

Sasuke and Naruto sat down in the break area that was part of the shop, really it was an empty station that had no car lift, just a table where there was a microwave off centered with it. They sat across from each other opening the given containers. The morning had been awkward enough, only for their afternoon to be just as weird eating together. The sound of metal clanking and drills being used made it a little less awkward and filled the area with enough sound to keep conversation from starting. Though Sasuke wanted to talk and he wasn't going to let the opportunity slide. "How long have you been friends with Sakura?" He asked while keeping his gaze locked on his food. Really he just wanted to have a conversation with the blonde, he didn't exactly care to talk about the upbeat girl.

"Since kindergarten, she's actually my best friend aside from Kiba." He responded sheepishly. He hadn't stopped eating, which led him to talking with his mouth full. Bad manors, since he was never taught good ones. It only seemed to make the Uchiha smile to himself. "What about you? She seems to really like you, planning on making her your girlfriend anytime soon?" Naruto asked after swallowing the remainder of his food that was smooshed in his mouth. Sasuke's smile only turned to a chuckle when he heard the question, he about choked on the food he was trying to chew.

"Not in a million years." He retorted while swallowing. Naruto was shocked to see the man be so turned off by the question. He hadn't really understood considering his best friend was beautiful. "Oh." He looked down at the little bit of food he had left, he closed the container feeling himself be full enough to stop eating before he gets to tired from eating to much. His eyes lifted and met with Sasuke's who seemed to be done as well. "You two would be a cute couple." Naruto said with a half smile before tossing his food away in the trash can next to the table. He finished the rest of his water before standing up. "I like someone else." Sasuke said just loud enough for him to hear.

Naruto froze for a moment before realizing he was drawing attention to himself. He cleared his throat before pushing in the chair he was just sitting in. "Then you should probably ask her out before Sakura makes a move on you." He retorted before turning to walk back to the waiting room to clock back in from lunch. Sasuke hesitated on responding and decided it was best to stay silent. He hadn't expected himself to open up like that especially about a topic he wasn't anywhere near ready admit to himself. He wasn't really sure why he said it in the first place considering the situation was still a mystery to him. He sighed to himself before pulling out his phone and texting his only friend he knew he could talk to about his feelings. Suigetsu may be his friend but trusting him that far was also a mystery.

12:45PM— Sasuke:  Hey...Wanna hang out after work?

He could see Suigetsu pull his phone out reading the message before looking over at Sasuke. He smiled and threw up a thumb giving him the answer he wanted to see. Sasuke felt a wave of comfort knowing he at least had someone he could tell other than his brother.

The rest of the day went smoothly, Sasuke made some glances over at the blonde while he was working and only a few times did their eyes meet. Naruto couldn't help but feel like Sasuke was watching him heavily, he had hoped it was only because he was still in his training period but felt that maybe it was something more. When the day had ended Naruto made sure to catch up with Sasuke before he left. He stopped him before he walked into the waiting room. "Sasuke wait." The raven had his backpack thrown over his shoulder and his keys in hand, he was clearly ready to go but wouldn't find himself ignoring the blonde now. "What's up."