Chapter 3: Reminiscing

Naruto stood there for quite some time before finally scrapping up the courage to put his phone down onto the tool box and make his way back over to the man. He approached cautiously, seeing that Sasuke had already picked up his wrench and started working again. "I'm sorry." He said while standing behind him, his head down and arms to his sides. Sasuke looked back at him and shrugged before stopping his work and dusting off his hands. "Come on, I'll get you a car to work on. There's a Nissan out there that needs an oil change, I'm sure you can do that right?" He asked before walking past the blonde.

Naruto only followed and watched as Sasuke led him to the office to grab a clear packet that had an invoice and a set of keys inside. "Here, it's the black one out front." Naruto did as told and took the packet. It wasn't rocket science on what he was to do next, he's done plenty of oil changes, nothing out of the normal.

After completing his first task, Sasuke directed him to do another, and then another after that. He kept him set on lube technician jobs to make it an easy first day. Their conversations were mild, Naruto made it known that he would only start a conversation if he had a question. Mainly pertaining to asking where something was located which Sasuke wasn't reluctant to show him. After the day was over, Naruto went to return a set of keys for a car he hadn't finished yet, the customer wasn't planning on picking up till the next day anyways so he knew it would be fine. When he passed Sasuke's station he noticed he was already gone. It was 5:02PM, which told Naruto that he had to of left right at five. "Hm.." He hummed to himself.

He gathered up his things and cleaned up his station before leaving and saying goodbye to the left over staff. The shop was open till seven but he was only scheduled till five. When he got outside he noticed a newer black BMW 330i in the parking lot that was running. On the top of the hood was the Uchiha symbol, he knew this because it was placed in random places around the shop. Including Sasuke's station. The rims were blood red which saturated with the black paint quite well. He knew it was Sasuke even though he was certain the man had already left.

Instead of waiting around to find out, he unlocked his bike and got on before glancing over at the car one last time. He tried not to let the fact Sasuke had a car and he didn't, get to him. But it was only natural for him to feel that jealousy. The man was smart, good looking, he got all the girls, has money, and has a job he doesn't need. It was the life every man dreamed of. If only things had been different for Naruto he could've lived the same life. But that was impossible. He knew that.

When he finally made it home, he quickly chained up his bike and ran up the outside stairwell to his apartment level. Second floor apartment 489. He unlocked his front door and walked in before taking his shoes off. "Huuuuuh." He yawned aloud while walking to the kitchen to prep his routine instant noodle cup. Smiling peacefully to himself he waited for the water to warm up, he pulled his phone out of his pocket to see four messages on his phone.

9:30AM—Sakura: It's not a big deal! Relax a little! He's a nice guy, give him a chance.

9:33AM—Sakura: Besides we both know you two would be good friends.

10:16AM—Kiba: Dude! I can't believe we work together now!

2:28PM—Kiba: What did you say to Sasuke? He was acting really nice for once.

Naruto's heart stopped for a moment when he read the last message. Nice? He asked himself before locking his phone and setting it on the counter. "How was he being nice? The guys nothing but a shitty person." He stated to himself, only to realize that maybe he was a little nicer then normal. In high school he would've turned a cold shoulder like his brother did and leave him to figure things out on his own. It reminded him of a time in high school, they shared a biology class together and were paired up on a project. Naruto remembers like it was yesterday how hard around the edges Sasuke was to him, he wouldn't help him in the slightest. He told him to figure it out himself anytime he had a question. Sasuke wouldn't even meat up after school to work on the project together. He refused to let him be seen with him, let alone go home to study together. It pissed Naruto off only because he was being graded on the amount of work he put into the project, but the problem was Naruto didn't understand it, he needed help desperately to get through the project. So Sasuke just let him fail, he passed and Naruto plummeted.