Chapter 160: The Wrath of Kalmaar

Start from the beginning

Crystal: You think you can get any information out of us if we're hurt?

Kalmaar: (He growls annoyed but Gripe startles him and causes him to accidentally fire upwards hitting the top of Nya and Maya's pole.) Ahh!

Gripe: My prince! Forgive me, my lord. Did I startle you?

Crystal: (She tries to reach for the trident.) Come, on... 

Kalmaar: Of course not. (He takes the trident with his tentacle as Nya sighs annoyed.) What do you want, Gripe?

Gripe: The King requests your presence in the palace. At once!

Kalmaar: Oh, saved by my meddling father. (To the three.) I look forward to continuing our discussion when I return.

Nya: (Whispers to Crystal.) We gotta get out of here. 

Crystal: (She shakes her wrists.) I doubt these chains are made of Vengestone, we just have to find a way to destroy them. 

Nya: (She tries to conjure some water but fails.) Ugh, don't look at me. My powers are still acting up. (She groans as Crystal puts her arm on Nya's shoulder.) 

(While Maya shakes her arms and Kalmaar leaves the room. In the Hydro Bounty, the rest of the Team try to restart the ship.)

P.I.X.A.L.: Nya! Crystal! Anyone, come in. Nya!

Lloyd: How much air supply do they have?

P.I.X.A.L.: At this depth, one hour.

Jay: One hour? We have to help them! (He gets up and walks towards the door.) We have to get this sub fixed and go after them! I-I'm going to zap the battery!

Zane: That would be exceedingly dangerous. The engine room is partially flooded. Even if you could survive it, a charge of that magnitude will be fatal.

Lloyd: Jay, I get it you want to save Nya. I do too with Crystal and Maya. But hurting yourself isn't going to do anything. (Jay frowns.) 

Jay: We don't have a choice!

P.I.X.A.L.: Perhaps we do. There is a small chance I can reroute power from life support and auxiliary. But I do not know if it will be enough to jumpstart the battery.

Lloyd: I don't think we have anything to lose, Pix.

(Lloyd looks at Jay who stops and looks at the ground. Meanwhile in the throne room, Kalmaar and Gripe enter to see Trimaar and Benthomaar.)

Benthomaar: Brother!

Kalmaar: (To himself.) Adopted brother. (To Benthomaar.) So good to see you, Bentho! And you, Father. What brings us together this fine tide?

Trimaar: Tell me the rumors aren't true, son.

Kalmaar: What rumors are those?

Trimaar: Rumors of another sunken surface vessel. And a disturbance in the Sea. Tell me you're not sinking ships again to placate your senseless hatred of the surface dwellers?

Kalmaar: (Gasps) Another sinking? How tragic! It was not I, I swear it.

Benthomaar: See, father? I told you he didn't. Sometimes their ships just sink on their own. It's very sad.

Trimaar: How does a vessel sink when the seas are calm? When there is no storm in sight?

Kalmaar: They're so poorly built. How could they not? I fear we're not dealing with a very intelligent species.