Chapter 39

*************
*Leon*
*************

Where is she? I check all over the room, even under her bed. Her clothes aren't here either.

My heart is racing as I recall our night together. It was something which I did not intend to happen but I found myself going along with Car's flow. No. Is that even her real name? Has her whole being up until now been an act? A show she put on so she could be my servant?

I should be feeling disgusted that someone like her was able to break down the barriers I had spent years building around my heart but instead, what is this strange, unfamiliar feeling? It's something which I do not dislike.

Looking around, I see the open window and sigh. She has really left. I want to know the answers to the many questions which have piled up into my mind. The only person who can give me the answers is her.

Sitting on the bed, my eyes widen. Is that blood? My heart is beating like a drum. I frown and quickly roll up the bedsheet. I can't let the servants wash these in case they notice.

"Your Highness, Lady Fern Davici and her brother Sir Gaylen have arrived."

I nod at the servant who has popped by to inform me. They have been visiting often so Lady Fern can become accustomed to palace rules. My father won't listen to my refusal of marrying her but can I still marry her now that I have slept with another woman?

Another thing which is bothering me is that Car seems close to Lady Fern and Sir Gaylen. It was almost as if they knew each other. Will they have the answers I am searching for?

If I ask them, they'll get curious which would probably lead to my father discovering our relationship. I bite my lower lip, remembering the deep kiss we shared last night.

Standing up, I step out of my room and leave the palace. I have more important things to do than chauffeur the Davici siblings around.

My heart hasn't stopped racing and all I can think about is her. Her soft brown eyes as they stared up at me and her black curly hair which I played with countless times. Her short frame which I loved to poke fun at and her beautiful face which never left my mind.

Whoever you are, I won't stop until I find you!

*************
*Carmella*
*************

My first thought was to go see Jasmine in Jemsi but I remembered that Leon knows where that is and would probably try to look for me there. That is, if he actually cares enough to search for me.

"Let's go to the next town over." I say to Glean as we fly through the sky. We have been flying for several hours now since I couldn't decide where to hide.

"Why are you running away again Master?" Glean asks.

I frown, "Even if I am, don't say it that way. I know I am a coward but I don't have a choice this time. I will definitely get killed for what I've done if they find me."

"What did you do Master?"

I purse my lips and the flashbacks from last night pop into my head. The way he passionately kissed me back, the way we fell onto the bed and he continued without hesitation...

"N-nothing!" I say quickly, blushing.

"Knowing you Master, you definitely did something." Glean says and I can hear the amusement in her voice.