Chapter 14

Blood. Not purple but bright red. The fresh blood dripping from my shoulder. I stare in fear at the creature advancing towards me. I can't move. My shoulder is hurting so much that I can't lift my hands at all. Did I reincarnate here just to die miserably again?

My breathing is erratic as my blood leaks out of me and I feel my body weaken. I am useless right now. I don't know how Emmett is coping with the three other monsters but I hope he can at least make it out alive.

Pain.

Intense pain engulfs my entire being and I scream. I am not immune to this torturous feeling.

"Carmella!" A loud voice exclaims from beside me.

I slowly open my eyes and meet Jasmine's relieved face. She has tears in her eyes as she smiles and grabs my hand.

"How are you feeling Car? I was so worried when that young man brought you back with blood all down your back." She shivers. "I called a doctor and he said your shoulder was torn badly."

My shoulder? I remember the monster biting into me and then I was bleeding out. But why does it not feel as painful as before? My body still hurts but not as bad.

"How long has it been?" I ask hoarsely. My throat is dry.

Jasmine realises and brings me a glass of water. "You've been asleep for two days. The doctor came yesterday."

I frown. Two days since my shoulder was ripped to shreds? Shouldn't I still be in alot of pain? Right now, all I feel is a dull pain. Something is strange.

"Let me tell Emmett that you're awake." Jas says, "Call me if you need anything."

I nod. Emmett is still here? Did he get injured too? How did he escape from four of those huge monsters?

"Something is definitely weird." I mutter aloud.

"Of course." My eyes widen and I glance at the open window. Glean stands there in all her glory, her golden feathers shining in the sunlight.

"Glean!" I say, quickly glancing around me. "Why are you here?"

"I came to make sure you survive. Do you think you would be alive if I had left you alone Master? Your shoulder was completely damaged and you were bleeding all over the ground. I could barely save your life."

"You saved me? Thank you Glean." I say gratefully. I lightly touch my shoulder. "This is your power too? Did you heal me?"

Glean smiles. I can tell when the phoenix smiles now. "Yes. I am happy to save you Master."

I smile. "I honestly thought I was dead."

Suddenly, the sound of footsteps outside the room make me stare at Glean.

"Hide." I mouth anxiously as the footsteps sound louder.

The door opens and I can't see anything as a pair of strong arms fling around me, smothering my face into someone's chest.

"Car! How are you feeling?"

I mumble against him. How can I answer when I am suffocating?

He finally pulls away and I breathe. "I barely survived and now you almost killed me." I scowl.

"Looks like you're feeling better." Emmett chuckles.

I narrow my eyes and glance around his body. "What about you? Did you get injured too?"

He shakes his head. "It was strange. I thought I would die along with you but all of a sudden, something gold flashed in the air, blinding me and when I reopened my eyes, the Cerdogs were dead."