Chapter 19

The three other servants whom I share the room with are: Lou Hay, the good-looking young man from earlier; Richard or Dick as the others call him. He is a blonde haired, green eyed man without a surname; and the last is the brunet with blue eyes, Keith Tar.

It will be difficult for me to bathe at normal hours, I will have to bathe and shower at night whilst everyone is asleep.

I touch my short curly hair. It was a good thing I actually cut it although I miss my long hair. It was curly in my other world too. I am still confused about my being here. Why do I still have my body? If so, it means I completely vanished from my past world right? Or is there a parallel version of me there?

"Hey bud, you okay?"

Lou's dark eyes draw me in as he stares at me.

I smile, "I'm fine. Where are you going?"

"I've been asked to mentor you on the job. We do the same things but I am a senior so just follow me."

That is how my first day as a servant in the Royal Palace begins.

The chores include, cleaning, sweeping, obeying the Royals' orders and also attending to the crown prince. I soon realise the crown prince is a very troubling and difficult person.

"Why are you bringing a foreign mutt into my chambers?!" His voice is cold as he scans over me and Lou.

Lou bows before gesturing to me. "This is our new servant who will be serving you from now on. His name is Carter Vee."

I bow, being careful not to drop the tray of tea and snacks which is in my hands. Lou told me earlier that I had been chosen to serve the prince as his personal manservant.

"New servant? Has he been trained yet? I don't like these newbies making silly mistakes." He stares down at us. I bite my tongue. I need to compose myself and control my anger.

"No, Your Highness but he is the most efficient servant. If he makes any mistake, I will take responsibility." Lou sounds confident and I wonder whether he trusts my abilities as a servant or whether he is putting on a mask in front of the arrogant prince.

The prince stares at me intensely. I can literally feel his blue eyes burning through me. "Leave him here."

Lou glances at me as if to ask if I will be alright. I nod subtly at him and he leaves. My legs are shaking a little as I walk forward with the tray. The prince watches me like a hawk.

"Where are you from?"

"J-Jemsi." I lie again. How many lies will I have to tell whilst I am working here?

"That's quite far from here. Did it take long to arrive?"

I frown. Why is he asking as if he is sincerely interested? He sounds different to when he was speaking to Lou.

All of a sudden, I trip and the tray flies threw the air as I watch in horror. I fall forward and my fear sky rockets as I land with my face on the prince's lap.

"What the hell is this?!" He sounds angry.

I close my eyes and hurriedly lift my head and stand up. "I'm so sorry, sorry." I apologise anxiously.

The tray has fallen and the cup is broken along with the biscuits.

Running towards it, I crouch on the ground and start picking up the broken fragments.

"Wait."

I hold me breath as I feel his presence behind me. "I'm sorry. I'll clean this up as soon as possible."