Chapter 20

(Dan's POV)

"Leave me alone!" Phil screams at me, slamming his door shut. I hear the lock turn, and listen to his muffled sobs.

Weeks ago, I was tending to his bleeding nose, the one Alice caused. So much has happened between then and now, it's unbelievable.

I walk out of our flat, tears trickling down my cheeks. The dark, gloomy sky doesn't help my mood, it just makes me feel even worse.

I guess everything started a few days after Phil and I got back together.

He had been visiting PJ a lot more than usual, always returning home late. He had a password on his phone again, and would never let me see it. Of course, being the over protective boyfriend that I am, I got suspicious. I asked him if he was mad, or if I had done anything wrong.

"No, of course not. Why do you think that, Love?" He said.

"I- I don't know..." I had replied, sarcasm thick in my voice. "Maybe because you've been hanging out with PJ more than your own boyfriend?"

He got really mad, and left, probably to Peej's.

But that time he left, he didn't come back for weeks. Two, to be exact. I remember him returning at four in the morning, trying to sneak around to his room. I was wide awake though, and I caught him.

"Phil?!" I blocked his doorway.

"Dan?! What are you doing awake?!"

"I don't think you should be asking me that. Maybe I have the right to do that. Phil, where have you been?"

"A friend's house." He mumbled, stuffing clothes into a bag.

"You're new boyfriend's house, you mean?!" I started to yell.

He froze. "No! Why would you think that?! I thought you loved me!!!"

"Maybe because we haven't had sex in weeks, and I haven't even seen you at all! I have to pay for the flat all by myself! I had to get a second job, while you go and screw around with your new boyfriend!"

"You wanted me to leave!"

"I'm sorry, I don't remember telling you to leave. I remember, quite clearly, suspecting you of cheating and you leaving because you can't even face your own soul mate!!!"

"Oh, whatever! Fuck off, Dan."

I remember, right then, my heart snapped in two.

"What?! Me?! Says the one who's been sleeping with all our friends! Who's left me with the rent!"

He shoved me backwards, making me hit my door. "I had no choice, Dan! You think I'm cheating! What, do you want me to live with someone who thinks I don't love them?!"

I started screaming, "HOW THE FUCK AM I SUPPOSED TO FEEL LOVED WHEN I NEVER SEE YOU ANYMORE?! WHEN I'M LEFT ALL ALONE, AND YOU'RE FUCKING ONE OF MY FRIENDS?!!!!" I couldn't help myself, I slapped him.

He looked at me like I was a maniac, and stayed silent.

"Phil, I'm so fucking tired of this. Of you, of everything that's been happening. I'm so fucking tired of it all. I feel hated by you, and-" I felt tears fall onto my cheeks, and my throat barely being able to let the words out. "I don't want to be with you any more."

"What?! You're kidding! You love me! You can't do this!" Tears started falling from his own eyes, but I didn't feel any pity for him.

"I don't love you anymore." I said, quietly.

He shoved me again, and I pushed him back. He slapped me, I punched him. I screamed and he cried as a full on fist fight started, resulting with me on the ground.

"Leave me alone!" His door slammed shut, making the paintings on the wall move.

And that's why I'm walking the pitch black streets at 4 in the morning, even though I'm terrified of the dark.

I wipe my face, but it doesn't help as my past tears are quickly replaced by new ones.

I find myself at the shop I work at, using the secret key hidden in the back to open the door. I lock myself in, and cry and scream all I want, knowing no one will hear me. I walk through all the aisles, running my hands through my hair.

I punch a wall, making a large dent in it, and making my knuckles bruise.

My anger quickly subsides after that, and I fall to my knees. Instead of screaming now, I sob. I curl up in a ball, feeling all the worst possible emotions bottle up inside my chest.

"I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry..." I repeat it over and over again, sniffling and crying the entire time.

I eventually hear the doors open, and Joe and Cas humming a quiet song. I become silent, wiping my eyes and checking my puffy red face in a clear freezer door.

I stand up, and walk towards them.

"Dan? What're you doing here so early?" Cas asks.

"Oh, nothing," I wipe my eyes again. "Is there anything I have to do?"

"There's going to be a truck unloading pretty soon, so you might want to wait out back for it. I'll tell Alice where you are when she gets here." She smiles and winks at me.

I fake a smile, walking to the back. I appreciate her trying to lighten the mood, but it doesn't help me.

I check the time, and at 8:10, Alice walks into the room. I don't even have to see her to know, as she's yelling at me.

"Daniel, you better tell me why the fuck Cas found you here at six in the morning." She says, sitting on the floor beside me.

"Phil- he- he- I..." I burst out in tears again, and she quickly holds me in her arms, whispering soothing things.

"Shh... Babe, what did he do?"

I explain everything that happened from me him walking in the house at four, to the break up, to the fistfight we had, to me hiding in the store for two hours.

I have to hold her back from running to the house to fight him, telling her he's probably fucking PJ at his house anyways.

She helps me unload the truck, and stock up the shelves. Joe says I can leave early, so at 12:00, Alice and I walk to her house. When we get there, I play with Alexia to get my mind off of Phil.

Alexia passes out, and I take her to her room, leaving me and Alice talking about Phil.

"Do you think he's still there?" She asks, adjusting her snake bites.

"Probably not. Like I said, he was packing his bags."

She nods, looking at me. I stare into her bright green eyes, noticing all the small yellow dots, and the brown lines around the outside.

I feel myself leaning in, getting closer to her face. I watch her eyes close, revealing her black eyeliner on top of her eyelids. I close my eyes as well, smiling as our lips meet.

Her lip piercings dance around on her soft, plump lips, moving around on my tongue. I feel her smile into the kiss, and I bring my arm around her back, pulling her closer to me.

And strangely enough, this doesn't feel wrong at all.