Chapter 13

(Dan's POV)

A week ago, Phil stomped out of the flat and stayed with Chris. Since then, he barely talks to me anymore.

He's always going out. He doesn't say where, or with who, just that he needs to go out for a bit. He usually says its important stuff, sometimes he says it's because he wants to find a job.

I open the front door, and walk down to a little shop that's about a block away. While I'm walking in the grey weather, I think about what happened last night. It wasn't too bad, but it made my heart ache.

I was about to go to sleep, and he climbed in beside me, ignoring me. I tried to snuggle up to him, but he shrugged me off. After he did that, he moved back towards me and was okay with it. I don't know if he felt weird about it at first, but something is wrong with him. And I intend to find out what that is very soon.

I open the door to the small shop, feeling a bit happier when I walk inside. This was my favorite shop as a kid, I would always beg my mum to let her bring me with her. I only came for the Maltesers, but I grew to love this place.

It's just a little grocery store, but its only a tad bigger than a gas station. Its got a few aisles, and a little section with stuffed animals, candies, and things for kids.

I shove my hands in my pockets and walk to the counter.

"Dan! Nice to see you!" The old woman at the cash register greets me.

"You too, Cas."

"What do you need, kiddo?"

"I, I was recently fired from my old jobs.." I get a bit choked up but I hold back the tears I feel forming in my eyes. "I was wondering if I could work here?"

"Sure! Why don't you follow me, we can go ask Joe."

I nod and follow her to the store's office, where her husband sits at the computer. She pats his shoulder and he looks up at her with a warm smile. I remember when Phil used to look at me that way...

"Dan here needs a job-"

"Of course!" He interrupts her. I chuckle a little, and he starts to discuss the different jobs I could have.

"You could be a, a stocker- you'll restock the shelves and take the products from the back, or you can work at the cash register... I think that's it, for now.."

"Can I do both?"

He looks up at me and smiles a bit. "Sure, if you can handle running back and forth all day." He says with a dry laugh.

"That's okay, its like having two jobs. I need to pay the bills, my boyfriend doesn't have a job."

"That's alright, sweety. How about you start... Tomorrow?"

"Perfect. What times?"

"We'll have you from Monday to Friday... From.." She ponders for a moment, looking over papers on the desk. "8:00am to 4:00pm."

"Great! Thank you so, so much!" I grin, hugging Cas, and then shaking her husband's hand.

As I exit, I shout back at them, "See you tomorrow!"

I walk in the cold autumn air, hugging my arms. Even though it's freezing, I'm grinning, happy that I got a job. Two, actually. I can't wait to tell Phil.

I open the door to our apartment and run up the stairs, throwing my jumper to the ground. "Phil! Phil!"

He runs out of his room, "What?! Are you okay?!"

"I got a- two jobs!"

"Dan!!! Really!" He beams, embracing me in a tight hug. I breathe in his minty raspberry scent, and I feel my jeans tighten. He pulls away. "I'm so proud of you."

"I love you." I kiss him on the cheek, and he blushes.

"I love you too." He smirks, grabbing my hand and leading me to his bedroom.

(AN- sorry I haven't updated for almost a month... Oops...
But HEY what do you guys think will happen?! Will Phil tell Dan about Chris? Will Dan find them together? WILL DAN START CHEATING?!! Please vote and comment! Thank you! ^-^)