Chapter 10

(Dans POV)

Last night Phil finished making the tacos, and then we fell asleep on the couch. I'm actually really happy today. I'm still upset about the subscribers, and how I got beaten up, but at least I have Phil.

"Dan?" I hear Phil's groggy voice call from his room. He's changing clothes.

"Yeah?" I walk into his room, to see broken glass from his window littering his floor, and a rock along with it. A note is taped to the rock, more like a stone actually, that says-

Phil picks up the stone quickly and runs out of the room. "Phil? What does it say?!"

He shakes his head and puts the rock outside, clenching the note tightly in his hand. "I can't tell you Dan, it'll hurt you."

"I don't care! I want to see!"

"No. You don't have to. I'm only trying to help you.."

"Phil!!! What does it say?!"

"It will hurt you Dan!!! It says terrible things about us. And I-I don't want you to see!" I don't care if it will hurt me, it must be important.

"I've dealt with hate before, Phil. Show me the note."

"No! None of this wouldn't have happened in the first place if it wasn't for your stupid idea!" I see regret replace his angry emotion right away. "Wait Dan-"

"My stupid idea?"

"Babe I didn't mean it like-"

"Do you not want anyone to know we love eachother?! This is the most important thing in my life! People have to know!"

"Dan I'm sorry I know-"

"Phil you should go."

"Dan! I'm sorry! You can't get mad at me! Its a note and a dumb idea! We've all made bad choices!"

"A dumb idea??? Us? Or- Phil- do-"

"No!!! Dan I-"

"Phil leave. Go." He opens his mouth to speak but I yell at him to go even louder. I see tears well up in his eyes as I scream one last time, and he slams the front door behind him.

What was a bad idea?

(Phil's POV)

I run down the steps, hot tears falling down my cheeks. My stomach hurts, but only because of what Dan said. I love him! Of course I do! But was coming out really worth losing so many subscribers? And our job?!

I text Chris that I'm coming over, since he's the first friend that comes to mind. I'm sure he'll support me.

I call a taxi and hold my head in my hands the whole ride.

Dan and I can't break up. We're soul mates.

I reach Chris' front door and try to knock, but its hard. My muscles don't want to move. My heart aches, and I have a headache from crying.

After a few moments, I gather up my strength and knock on the door.

He opens the door right away, his face beaming. "Why hello! Won't you come in," he says, a huge smile on his face the whole time. His thick accent mixed with his happiness makes me smile a bit, and I start to forget about my chest.

"I'll make us some tea. What happened with Dan?"

I quickly explain what happened, choking up a bit when I talk about how he doubted my love for him.

"Here's the tea. Sit." I sit on the couch, slowly sipping the hot tea. He asks me questions about how we came out, and then he started to talk about PJ.

"I don't even know how I ever felt about him.. Whenever we kissed I pictured your face instead of his.. "

I feel terrible.

Dan would never know..