Chapter 14

(Phil's POV)

I look next to me at Dan. He's curled up in my sheets, naked and tired. We hadn't done that in a long time, and I'd forgotten how much I've missed it.

I finally told Chris I didn't love him.

Last night I retracted from Dan's touch, and I have never felt worse about anything. After I cuddled back into him, I realized it. Chris has really messed me up. If I never cheated on Dan, I would probably have a job, I would probably never feel this guilty and sad.

I don't love Chris. I never did, I just wanted to. I wanted to make him feel loved, just as I felt towards Dan when we first met each other.

So after Dan fell asleep, I texted Chris.

Chris, I'm sorry. Just a moment ago, I realized something very important. It was like an epiphany, I suppose. I love Dan. I never stopped loving him. I am so, so sorry to tell you, but I need you to know: I don't love you. All of our shared kisses and hugs meant nothing to me, I'm afraid. I wanted you to feel loved, after what happened with you and Peej- which I'm still not sure about- I felt bad for you. I need you to know that I don't want to be with you anymore. I've chosen to stay forever loyal to the one I share my tattoo with- Dan. I'm sorry, Chris.

He never replied, but I'm sure he saw it. I'm glad I told him, and at the same time I'm upset it took me so long to realize it.

"Dan?" I pet back his hair, drenched with sweat.

"Mmm?" He turns to look at me.

"You can't go to sleep. It's too early."

"No," he mumbles, "It's already..."

I check my phone, "Dan, it's only 1:00 in the afternoon, get your lazy butt up!"

"Then you have to also!!!"

I unwrap myself from the covers, blushing when I see I am also naked. I go to pick up my clothes from the floor, but Dan picks them up and throws them in the wash.

"Are you expecting to go anywhere?" He ponders.

"No, but-"

"No clothes then. You always wear stupid clothes." He laughs, "I like your body. Its perfect, and I don't get to see it enough."

I blush again, and smile at him. "Whatever.."

He beams and runs out of my room, and I follow him. "I have to start work tomorrow, what do you want to do until then?"