45.

"Happy Birthday to you!" They all sang standing around you, clapping and laughing. This is supposed to be fun, this is fun. Everyone is happy, you should also be happy. But why weren't you? 

"How was your surprise, baby?" Michael smiled, holding you close to him and protecting you from Ryan, who was dying to smudge the cake on your face. 

"I love it! Truly!" Lie. "Couldn't have asked for anything better," Another lie.

"Well, I'm glad you like it," Ryan smiled, holding her hand behind her back. "I'm sorry that Sebastian and Alejandra didn't make it tho," She frowned.

Oh yeah! They weren't here. Apparently, Alejandra's fear of height also applies to a 10-story restaurant building. "The walls are just wooden sticks tied together!" Was exactly what she said before dragging Sebastian and Ryan out, but thankfully Ryan was able to escape her and spend the rest of the night with you and Michael. 

Wait, no. It's a good thing they aren't here. Now it's just you and your friends, who truly love you and care about you. 

"I know this isn't your 5-star Michelin food, but it's supposed to be the best on the island, Al." Ryan poked your shoulder. 

"5-star? One, that's not a thing. And, two, I like the food, why?" You pushed her back, pulling the plate of seafood close. 

"No, you just don't look like you're enjoying the food, plus you haven't done the little dance you do when you eat." She pouted like a little kid. 

"What dance?" Michael interrupted. 

"Oh! You don't know?" Ryan squealed, taking out her phone and showing Michael a video of you doing a little dance as you ate.

Michael's smile dropped as he watched the video,  seeing you smile so brightly at Sebastian who was flipping pancakes into your plate. He watched as you looked at Sebastian with so much admiration and love. While you gaze toward him is mostly dazed or amicable but in a friendly way.  

"Nice," Michael said with a tight smile. 

"Come on dig in!" Ryan laughed, stabbing the cut cake and shoving a piece into your mouth. 

The rest of the time at the restaurant continued with Ryan talking about how much she is going to miss this place after you guys go back and how she plans to come back here once she retires.

Once you guys returned to the resort, you went directly to the bathroom, soaking yourself in a warm bath while Ryan took the rest out for ice cream. What you didn't know what that Sebastian had stayed back, not really in the mood for ice cream after arguing with Alejandra the whole time the rest of you were out.

You hummed a local song you heard a few days that was stuck in your head as you walked to the kitchen to get a drink. You open the cabinet, where the alchol was, seeing the whiskey bottle sit on the top shelf. You tried to reach up to it, standing on the tip of your toes and wiggling your fingers as it magically bring the bottle any closer.

Suddenly you feel a pair of warm calloused hands touch your bare torso that your thin tanktop was exposing as it was riding up your body. You feel the familiar hands hold you tighter as they push you higher so you can reach the bottle. You quickly take the bottle, closing your eyes and holding your breath as they pull you back down.

You refuse to move or breathe as the right hand goes to your right shoulder, pushing the strand of hair out of the way, replacing it with their hot breath. You hear a groan as they turn you around, waiting for you to open your eyes. But you refuse, knowing you'll do something you'll regret if you do.

"Open your eyes, Mina," He whispered his hot breath, reeking of alcohol brushing over your face.

You slowly open your eyes, finally seeing Sebastian's tanned face up close after a long time. You had almost forgotten the small details of his face. The small wrinkles near his eyes, the slightly visible scars, the small white circle as light shines on him, and so many other things that your brain is recollecting as you continue to stare at him.

You finally look at his eyes, seeing them stare at your parted lips, not blinking as he leans forward. You felt this pull towards him that you couldn't move out of. Your hand voluntarily moved to the top of his shirt, moving up to sit at the crook of his neck. His hand resting where they were, gently pulling you closer. So, close that you felt the presence of his lips right at your,  less than a second away from fully connecting when-

"ALMINA!!!" Ryan's loud voice busted through the door, breaking you apart and adding distance between you two. 

"Al, I brought you back ice cream!" She yelled as she walked into the kitchen, seeing you two stand awkwardly across from each other, the bottle of whiskey sitting on the edge of the counter next to you.

"Huh! Drinking without me?" She pouted.

"I didn't know when you would be back, plus I really need it," You sighed. 

"Well, I'm here now," She smiled, taking the bottle and pulling you to the living room. 

A/N: This chapter was kinda short, ik but that's because there's a lot happening in the next chapter so hold on to your seatbelts.