22.

Sebastian's POV:

I first met up with Mackie, it wasn't anything serious, he wanted to make sure I was fine because I went M.I.A for two weeks.  Now I was on my way to Downeys, he lived upstate, just a few hours from where I lived. 

"Downey? You there?" I knocked on the door. But when no one answered, I held the doorknob, pushing it open. "Downey?" I slowly stepped in, he called me this morning to come over, and now he's not here? I reached back, hand firmly holding the gun tucking in the back of my jeans. "Downey?" I called again, carefully walking around the house, checking for anything suspicious or out of place. It was dead silent, except for the sound of the footboard creaking under my feet.

I walked into his office, nothing was disturbed, so I continued to walk to his windows, looking out to make sure there was no one. Once checked, I pulled the blinds, just to make sure. I walked to the door, closing it and making sure the deadbolt was locked. I walked back to his bookshelf that covered the whole wall. 

It took me forever, but I was able to find the book, "The Adventure of Sherlock Holmes", and pulled it out, making the middle showcase on the other wall push in, opening into Downey's secret room. This man lived for antics like this. I shook my head, walking down the stairs that left to his room. 

"What now?" I sighed, seeing him scratching something on his table. His signature position, the cigarette at the corner of his lip, his gasses on the verge of his nose, and his hair and clothes, a mess."

"Somethings not right," He shook his head, as I walked to him. 

"What's wrong now?" 

"This girl," He pointed to the blonde that was there with Mina the day at the Bar.

"Scarlett?" I looked at the picture on his table. 

"You know her?" He scrunched his face looking up at me. 

"Yeah," I nodded looking at pictures of Mina's ex and other people around the table. "She's Mina's friend, so is he," I pointed at Aaron. 

"Who?"

"He was her ex,"

"Oh," He looked down, realizing something.

"What?" 

"N-nothing," He started to scramble around the place.

"Downey." 

"Something is not right," He shook his head, "Ever since you started hanging out with her,"

"What's wrong?"

"That's what I trying to find out," He looked back at his messy table, "Elizabeth called about a month ago, said she felt something off about her,"

"Lizzy?" Elizabeth Olsen, or Lizzy, was one of the people assigned to watch Mina, she was her age group so she could easily blend in with them. 

After Tom died, I took it upon myself to look after Mina. From the shadows. 

I couldn't show my face to Manuela after what happened, but I did promise her to take care of her daughter no matter what, and I am not one to break promises. 

[Flashback]

"I can't wait for them," Manuela smiled, rubbing her grown belly. I had come over because there was another plumbing issue at my apartment, and people were over there to fix it. Tom, Manuela, and I were just sitting around in their living room, talking about her due date and the nursery. 

"I can't either," Tom smiled, looking at Manuela, his hands holding hers. They were so in love, it made me throw up, but it made me want something like that with someone.