39.

A/N: I'm so sorry guys but the next few updates will be pretty slow. I've been dealing with a lot of things lately and my mental health has gone to shits, so I'm trying to make more time to focus on myself and get better. 

Normally writing was like my therapy but now it's also become stressful and I feel shitter when I'm not able to update on time, so I just wanted to let you guys know beforehand that some updates may take longer. Just bear with me for a few weeks, I should be fine and will go back to posting weekly. 

On that note, please PLEASE! make sure you guys are mentally healthy too!!! There is nothing wrong with seeking help when you need it, all you're doing is trying to make yourself better and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. If you guys feel like there is no one to listen to you, or help you, just know you can always ALWAY! reach out to me, I'll try to reply as soon as possible. I know from personal experience what it feels like to not have someone to go to when you need help, so if you're ever feeling down, just dm me on any of my socials.

~Beanstalkbaddie25❤️

After a much dragged waiting, chapter 39!

[Two months later]

You and Michael had been dating for almost a month and a half now, everything was going amazing. He was so sweet and lovely. He was always there for you and still respected your space, most of all he was understanding of your whole situation and wouldn't bring it up in front of Ryan or if it made you too uncomfortable. Not only that, but because of him, you were sober, took medication on time, went to therapy, and genuinely took better care of yourself. 

"Hey, baby," Michael greeted you by kissing your cheek as he walked into your apartment. 

"Good afternoon to you," You smiled, holding your page in your book, as you sat up to create space on the couch for him to sit. 

"You guys are so cute,"  Ryan smiled, "It's disgusting," She gaged, sitting down across from you, eyeing Michael.

"Um, what's happening here?"  You asked, noticing them talking to each other without words. 

"Um, nothing,"  "Yeah, nothing," they both stuttered, looking away. 

"No, something is definitely up, and I wanna know it," You stand up, looking between the two. They have been like this throughout the week, stopping conversations when you enter the room, always signaling each other, and being goofy around you. 

"Nothing's up," Ryan shook her head. 

"Sounds like something's up," You narrowed your eyebrows at Ryan, but she wouldn't budge so you turned to Michael.  

"Mikey," You pouted, trying to work your best puppy eyes on him. 

"Oh no, you don't," Ryan rushed between you two, "Don't cave for sex, don't you dare say anything, just to get laid." 

"Ugh! You guys are so annoying," You groaned, falling back next to Michael and letting him hug you close to him. "It's so hot today," You whined, moving until you were sitting correctly in his arms. 

"I know, baby," He smiled, kissing your forehead. You smiled up at him. 

This was supposed to be correct, Michael was right, but it didn't feel right. Being here, with his arms around you, it doesn't feel right, no matter how much you tried to convince yourself that it was. You knew this was just your heart trying to trick your mind into thinking this was a bad idea. When in reality it wasn't.

"Al? You okay?" Ryan's voice stopped you from spiraling. 

"What?" You shook your head, seeing her sit next to you.