41.

[A week ago]

Sebastian's POV:

"Please!!" Ryan begged for the fifth time.

"Ryan..." I sighed.

"But I really don't want you to miss this! Almina really needs this!!" What she really needs is to stay as far away from me as possible, I thought. 

"Ryan, I am really busy right now. I can't take a week off," Not when I'm so close to finding out who this Scarlet person is.

"Ugh! Fine, you're so mean, whatever," She scoffed, making me smile. "Give the phone to Ale, I haven't talked to her in a while," 

"Um, yeah, okay," I cringed, turning my head to see Alejandra dancing in the kitchen while she made another one of her Pinterest lunch ideas. "Hey, Alejandra?" I called for her.

Alejandra Onieva, m-my, eww, my girlfriend. She was the one who texted me two months ago, the night that I dropped Mina at her house. The one I replied to two months ago, a mistake I regret more than anything now. It was supposed to be a one-time thing, just a one-night stand that somehow turned into a whole relationship. And how here she was, cooking us lunch. 

"Sebby!" Ale groaned, walking towards you. "How many times do I have to tell you? Don't call me by my full name. We're not strangers!" She whined. 

"Right, Ale babe, Ryan's on the phone, here," I smiled, trying not to throw up before finishing the sentence. 

"Oh! Yay! Ryan!!" She clapped, taking the phone and going back to the kitchen. "Senoritaa!!" She screamed after which I blurred out her voice. 

 Almost everything that she did was annoying me, it was like she was doing it just to get on my nerves. But I knew it was just my heart seeing everything she did as a red flag. I mean, why else would simple things like taking pictures of everything you eat be annoying?

"Alright! Bye, senoritaa!" She screamed again. Why are they always screaming? "Sebby!!" Ale yelled, falling into my lap. 

"Yes, Ale?" I groaned.

"Guess what?" She smiled, digging her arms into my shoulders. 

"What?" I smiled, knowing I probably had my serial killer look on by Ale's sudden frown. 

"We... Are... going to Hawaii!" She squealed, squeezing my face. 

"We're what?" Jesus fucking christ Alejandra! 

"We're going on a romantic getaway to Maui... for a week." 

"With Ryan?" I tried to hide my disgust. 

"Yeah," She shrugged, twisting so she sit with her back against me. "Plus, Ryan tells me that you and this Almina chick are really close. I wanna see who she is." Almina chick?? Oh, this bitch is about-

"Oh, she's just-" Perfect? Amazing? The love of my life? The air I breathe? The only person I want to be with? My everything? My Mina?? 

"Poor thing," Alejandra pouted, "I heard she got into an accident recently. Apparently, she was driving down to the city but was reckless and got hit by a truck," She chuckled at the end.

"Excuse me?" I raised my eyebrow. What an insensitive bitch! 

"Oh shit!" She smiled again. "Sorry. Anyway, I can't wait to get tanned and fuck you on the beach!" She sighed.

"I think that's illegal," I said, trying to hide my disgust. 

"Getting tanned?" She turned around. My god, how slow are you?