Epilogue

[7 Years later]

You were in the kitchen, writing down the list of groceries for the week. 

"Eggs, bacon, bell peppers, bananas, oranges and what else am I missing?" You talked to yourself in the empty kitchen. The house was quiet for once, probably because you were the only one up.  

"Oh, yogurt! That's right, yogurt!" You hit your head, looking at your fridge before double-checking your shopping list. "Alright, what else do I have to do today?" You looked for your phone, "Where the heck do I always leave that thing!?" You looked around the kitchen, lifting the pile of papers stacked up to the side of the countertop. You turned around, finding it sitting next to the stove. 

"Where is this man?" You sighed, opening your phone and calling the man missing in action. 

"Hey Min, I'm sooo sorry, there is so much traffic and it's taking forever, I will be there in 5 mins!" He said and continued to curse at a random taxi guy. 

"It's okay, I just wanted to call and let you know that I forgot to tell you to get the grocery list but we'll go down later to get them." You smiled, checking the numerous letters sitting on your countertop. 

"Oh my god! It's always a group of blondies!" You heard him screaming. 

"Blondies? Really?" You laughed. 

"Oh yeah! It's so bad," He smiled, "So, what have you accomplished within the time that I've stepped out?" 

"Oh, well, I talked to Muma for a while, Pops can't wait to come back to visit, especially since now that he has a soon-to-be daughter-in-law that he wants to show off."

"Oh, I feel bad for Zen, poor thing has to go around so much. She must be exhausted." He laughed. 

"I know! She was sad that she barely got to be with Tom, with the wedding in a few weeks and having to meet all the Evans', it must be tiring."  You sighed, sitting down on the couch when you felt a balled-up sock hit the back of your shoulder. 

"Hey!" You turned back, seeing an angry, sleepy monster standing in the hallway. 

"What happened?" He asked, hearing your yell. 

"What happened?" You scoffed. "Sleeping Beauty just woke up from her nap and decided to continue her game from last night." You stared at the four-year-old across from you. Her slightly curly brunette hair was ruffled and her wrinkled nightgown fell just below her knees. 

"Come here you little cookie monster!" You yelled, taking a step forward as she started dashing towards the other side of the couch. The two of you continued to run around the couch. 

"Wait!" She stood on the opposite side of the living room, the couch and coffee table in between you two. 

"Min, can you put me on speaker?" You realized you were still holding your phone. 

"Okay, why?" You furrowed your eyebrows, and put the call on speaker. 

"Soph?" He called.

"Yes, Daddy!" She slowly walked towards you, still keeping a good distance. 

"Promise Daddy you'll win, okay?" He laughed when he heard the toddler yell in excitement. 

"Huh! The betrayal!" You gasped, running behind her as she ran around the house. You held your phone in your hand as you continued to chase her. She ran into the kitchen, and quickly slide through the bottom shelf to go back to the living room. "This girl!" You scoffed, running around the countertop as she ran towards the door.