37.

Sebastian's P.O.V:

"She still hasn't come home yet, Seb," Hayley was worried for Mina. She had been staying with her ever since Mina got discharged, taking care of her and being there for her.

"Maybe she's just getting late at work," I tried to reason, even though I knew it wasn't true. Mina had been going out clubbing a lot in the last few weeks, always going home drunk after 2 in the morning. It broke my heart to think that I was the reason she was like this, but after Manu warned me about going near her, I tried my best to keep my distance. Not wanting to anger her, and also not having the courage to see my Mina again.

"I think, you and I both know that's not true," Hayley sighed.

"What do you want me to do, Hal? You know I can't go see her," I frowned.

"Seb, please!" She pled, "I know you know where she is... At least tell me where I will go pick her up-"

"No!" I was quick to answer. Of course, I knew where she was, but I didn't want Hayley to see her in the state I knew she would be in right now. "I got it, I'll be there in a few," I sighed, ending the call and changing out of my gym clothes.

"Girl trouble?" Anthony smirked as I walked out of the showers.

"Something like that," I said, picking up my bag and shutting my locker.

"It's not your fault," He said after a few seconds of silence.

"I doubt that," I sneered back, moving to walk out but Mackie stepped in my way.

"Sebastian..."

"I'm in trouble?" I raised my eyebrow, "You never use my first name,"

"Listen, you can't blame yourself for what happened. What you did was right. You had to tell her the truth sometime, better now than later."

"Do know how many stitches she had?" I asked. Mackie stayed quiet, shaking his head.

"34. Not only that but two fractured ribs, a dislocated ankle, and a fractured wrist. Not to count a million bruises." I shed a tear as the image of her laying on the hospital bed played over and over in my head. "She looked so, so pale. Lifeless."

"Seb..." Mackie put a hand on my shoulder.

"I can't sleep, I can't eat, I can't work," I cried, feeling vulnerable. "And I can't see her,"

"I'm so sorry, Seb," He pulled me into a hug, "It'll be okay, I know it will."

After the little cry section with Mackie, I got ready to go to Hemmy's club, knowing Mina was probably getting drunk there. It's been two months and three weeks since I properly saw her, and my nerves were on overdrive as I got closer to the building.

"Mr. Stan," The valet parker nodded at me, taking the car keys.

"I'll be back in 5," I informed him as I walked in.

As soon as I stepped into the building, I was met with the booming music and the smell of alcohol. I stayed at the top of the stairs trying to look at the dance floor for Mina or any of her friends.

Mina. Even in the dark purple dress in this dark room, she was glowing. The little stars on her dress shinning as the strobe lights hit her. She looked a bit healthier, but she had lost what little fat she had, now just looking like a stick figure. I saw Scarlett stop dancing as she looked at me. She quickly turned to her friend, whispering something into her ear making her turn in my direction. She stopped dead in her tracks, staring at me with wide eyes. I saw a pang of guilt before feeling the anger building up as she continued to stare at me. I wanted to move closer, to get to her and just hold her in my arms again, but I couldn't. I tried to move, but I felt stuck like her gaze was forcing me to stay put.