~Chapter 56~

~Noah's Point of View~

As I gazed out of the window, I felt Vincent's hand start to snake around mines and have a loving and strong grip. His touch definitely sent a lovely shiver of goosebumps upon my skin.

James played soft low music the entire way to the mall. It didn't take long for the memory of the scary storekeeper to cross my mind again. The thought of going to mall was still a small fear. A few seconds after my thought, I was sure Vincent noticed a shift in my mood. He gave my hand a light squeeze before  silently mouthing 'don't worry about anything, James won't let anything happen.'

"What are you back there mouthing?" James asked suddenly amused.

I looked to Vincent,but he remained quiet and nudged his head towards me. I knew he was subliminally telling me to answer.

"Vincent was just comforting my thoughts on a certain shopkeeper master." I answered. Saying that out loud ultimately made me feel stupid.

"What shopkeeper? What are talking about?"

"There was a scary shopkeeper I worked for when....Master Randy still owned me.....I just get nervous sometimes when thinking if I'll ever see him again." I bit my bottom lip after speaking. I was unsure how James would've responded and it made me nervous.

"I'm sure you know more than well what consequences he could face for even attempting to say anything to you." James responded blankly.

While I knew James didn't make empty threats by now.....it was crazily comforting on how much truth his words held. Oddly enough I didn't find myself worrying over that shop keeper as much now.

I was in a deep train of thought for the rest of the ride until Vincent tugged on my hand. Upon snapping out of it, I realized we had arrived at the mall. I trustfully linked arms with James as we walked together in the building. His cologne was sensually calming and relaxing to inhale as we walked close together. As we got closer to stores Vincent liked, he made sure to drag me from James to follow him to checkout different clothing apparel.

After an hour or so, James had let Vincent and I visit whatever shop we desired and pick whatever we liked. I still made sure not to get too much. I personally didn't want James spending too big of a lump sum of money on me.

I was currently shifting clothes on a rack when I came across a cute graphic t shirt of beautiful floral plants. It was on a bigger scale I would buy for myself, but I thought it would make a stylish and comfy night shirt.

'27 dollars for one shirt? Oh god no. This is far too much.' I thought to myself. I made sure to quickly place the top back on the rack after discovering it's outrageous price. And just as I was getting ready to find Vincent, I heard James speak to me from behind.

"Why did you put it back?" He questioned while pulling back out the floral over sized shirt.

I was shocked to realize that James was most likely watching me and noticed my interactions with the shirt.

He stood now holding the shirt up by the hanger and examining it.

It didn't take me long to realize he was still waiting for my answer. I had 2 options. Lie and say I didn't like it...and receive spankings for lying....or tell the truth and look like a cheapskate.