~Chapter 39~

~Vincent's Point of View~

I felt bad as we walked back to the car. I had only realized now that Noah was probably feeling on edge and anxious the entire time we were at the mall. During the car ride, I felt as though I had to make it up to him for making him feel uncomfortable. I decided that in the morning,while he's still sleeping, I would wake up and make him a special breakfast. Just as I locked that idea into my head, I realized that we had made it home.

"Come on boys." James directed.

We got out the car and he told us not to worry about getting the bags. I figured he was going to retrieve them for us. As Noah and I made our way inside, I found myself looking for Tyson. He'd always be first to greet me whenever I returned back home.

"What are you looking for?" Noah asked looking at me puzzled.

"....I was looking for Tyson. He alway greeted me warmly whenever James and I returned back home." I explained. I took notice to Noah becoming tense at the mentioning of Tyson's name. "I know your still scared of dogs and stuff......but...I promise you that Tyson is the most sweetest and kinda smart and very supportive dog ever. Sure he looks intimidating." I wagered. "But he's like a teddy bear." I said warmly.

Noah gave me a half weary smile and shrugged.

"I don't know....I'm still scared of how he barked and growled at me earlier. I don't even know if he'll even like me now. I don't stand a chance anymore." He huffed out in a defeated manner.

I took his hands in mines and mustarded up the courage to ask Noah if he truly trusted me. He gazed into my eyes before nodding slowly. I smiled as I felt his answer was genuine.

"What are you both up to?" James asked as he entered holding our bags.

"I think Noah may be more comfortable to meet Tyson....well to see him at most." I said while holding Noah's hand encouragingly.

~Noah's Point of View~

I held onto Vincent's hand firmly as he spoke. Sure I was scared shitless of meeting the dog...Tyson of course, but Vincent had talk so highly of him and earlier James promised me he wouldn't hurt me. I guess I could give Tyson a chance just as I did for Vincent and James.

James nodded as he headed upstairs with our bags. I was a little confused as why he took mines upstairs though. I thought my room was downstairs.

"Come along." James directed again.

Vincent and I both followed James as we headed upstairs behind him. Soon after, Vincent opened a door for James and right after he did, Tyson got up and made his way towards us quickly.

I jumped behind James involuntarily trying to hide.

"Sit."

Tyson did as James said with no hesitation. Vincent began rubbing Tyson's head as James walked further into the room to put our bags down. I stayed glued to James' side as he moved throughout the room.

"There's no need to be so fearful" James said softly towards me. "He isn't going to hurt you."

I looked towards Tyson as James spoke to me. He was watching me with a content face after getting head rubs from Vincent.