~Chapter 18~

After walking through numerous halls, we reached a clinic area. It looked clean and unoccupied.

"Doctor Bennet?" James called out.

A man wearing a pair of scrubs appeared from a back room and made his way over to us. By glancing up at him, I could tell he was a bit older shown through his features and greying hair.

"Ahh Mr.Kenwood. I'll be guessing this is the young man you spoke to me about awhile ago?" He asked while sitting at a desk area. The desk looked like something a small receptionist would sit. He begun typing then stood and guided us to one of the 2 empty rooms. "I got you signed in so now you can take a seat in this room, while I prepare my equipment. I'd also like to ask that you remove your clothing from the areas you'd like inspected." He added before exiting.

I nervously walked behind James as he went into the room. Why did he need equipment? What was he going to do? I sat on top of the medical chair and looked down to my feet.

"It's okay Vincent. Nothing bad will happen. He's just gonna examine you thoroughly." James assured.

I lifted my head in response of James' support. I trusted him enough to have faith in his words.

I got a bit nervous. The thought of unclothing for another male dom felt embarrassing. "Come on Vince get a grip. Nothing bad will happen. He a medical professional. Not a pervy dom right now. And most importantly, James is here with me. Nothing bad will happen." I thought strongly to myself.

I undressed and sat back on top of the chair in my boxers. I felt chilly as the air in the room came on. Little goose bumps appeared on my arms making me shiver about 2 times.

A slight knock was heard from the door and James instructed the doctor to come in. He came in with his stethoscope around his neck along with an eye and ear looking tool in his front chest pocket.

"I'm doctor Bennet and I'll be examining you today if that's okay." He said as he placed gloves on with a slight smile. Although he looked a bit older, he looked genuine with his kind smile.

I shook my head in a yes motion signaling he could continue. I didn't want to utter a word if I didn't have to.

"Alright. I'm gonna start by checking the basics such as your heart beat, eyes, and ears, then move on to your bruised areas." He spoke with authority but still had a sense of kindness in his voice.

"There's no need to feel anxious or nervous. I'm gonna start with your heart. Breathe in. And breathe out. Good. Again. In. And out. One last time. In. And out. Alright perfect."

Once he checked my heart beat calmly, I started to calm down a bit. He was polite and made a bit of small chit chat. He didn't seem so intimidating as I learned he has a family and works part time at James' office after short shifts at the local hospital. He seemed like a young grandpa who still lives life to the fullest. In one point of the conversation about my health, he commended James on his work on aiding me. He noted that most of my bruises had started,and were on track of healing from here on out. When it was time to show him my bottom I didn't feel as awkward and fearful anymore. I felt safe enough to know the doctor was sincerely doing his job in advising and notifying my track of healing.

After Dr.Bennet finished, he removed his gloves and informed me I could get dressed. He nodded then proceeded to exit the room.

"I'm happy to know that your going to be better sooner than we know it." James said while handing me my sweatshirt.

"Yeah. Me too. I feel way better than I did when we first encountered." I mumbled out with a slight grin. I was telling the truth. I m physically felt better than I did when I met James. "Since the doctor did say I'm doing good could I be able to go back to work? Not just at the club, but at the café too? I miss being there."

There was a slight pause. I could tell James was debating on letting me stay with him longer or letting me work again.

"If you really want to, I'll allow you to work at the cafe, but not at the club yet. Not until your bruises are fully gone and I'm sure your fine."

I couldn't believe it. I couldn't help but smile. He was going to let me work back at the Café. I really didn't mind not being able to work at the club much. If anything I wouldn't feel comfortable showing my skin with the little litter of bruises from Peter still a little apparent on me. Plus, I knew some of the other subs were probably starting rumors on my disappearance at work. I definitely didn't want to return yet to be bombarded with questions on how I got plenty of days off.

"Let's get going. I still need to stop at the grocery and pet store to pick up food for us and Tyson." He mentioned while looking at his watch.

I nodded as I tucked the bottom of my sweatshirt under it self and fluffed it.

James then opened the door but before leaving area, he signed me out and gestured to Dr.Bennet that we were leaving. Dr.Bennet then nodded back and we left.