~Chapter 43~

~James' Point of View~

I sat in my office as I waited for the guys and Dr.Bennet to arrive. I took a few more pain killers as I waited. When they finally arrived they immediately came upstairs to my office.

"I thought I told you not to kill anyone." Zayne huffed.

"I didn't. The fucking bastard stabbed me. And before I officially could, he got away." I grunted.

"Wow man. Is he gonna be okay doc?" Dawson asked as he watched Dr.Bennet pull out his supplies.

"He will be after he receive a couple of stitches." He responded.

He got to work quickly after he removed my bandage.

"So what are going to do now?" Zayne asked while pulling out documents as he sat down on my office couch. As always, he brought his documents to look over for his lawyer profession.

"Nothing. But only as long as I don't have to come face to face with him again. I got what I needed from him."I grunted out as I felt the needle pierce my skin.

"So your officially done with tracking down Peter?" Dawson questioned with his arms crossed.

"Yeah." I said through clenched teeth. "I finally have legal custody of both of my subs so I'm content with moving forward." I added.

"Wow....that's...something." Dawson commented while raising his brows in shock.

I squinted my eyes at him as he lightly chuckled after speaking. "What are you getting on about?"

"Nothing negative...it's just your never this easy going on letting an individual slip free from you." He said as he sat across from me in one of my chairs.

"Trust me, it's infuriating to know that asshole got away, but I have better things to worry about now, And that's my subs."

"Speaking of your subs, only one of them greeted us." Zayne interjected while lowering his paper and pushing his glasses up.

"Huh?"

"Yeah,plus I haven't even met your new sub. Is he sleeping or something?" Dawson commented.

Just as I was about to speak I heard a knock on the door.

"Come in!" I called out.

Sir Birmingham entered to inform us that dinner was ready and to check on my status. I was sure to let him know the subs could go ahead and eat and that I was fine.

He soon bowed his head before he left to carry out my orders.

After Birmingham left, Dr.Bennet finally spoke up after he had focused on stitching me up for the past 10 minutes.

"Your all done. It only took 6 close stitches. They'll dissolve in time as your wound heal, but try not to do strenuous activities."

I nodded as Dr.Bennet spoke and watched as he packed up his medical tools.

Afterwards, I let him take his leave to head home.