Chapter 37: A Reunion and a Meeting

Chapter thirty seven: A Reunion and A Meeting
The second Mitch was on the ground, he was attacked by his three siblings, all of them laughing and crying at the same time. Mitch had the biggest smile on his face, which was pretty adorable. I let them have their moment, before Mitch dragged me over to introduce us. Jerome and Em disappeared off somewhere to call the people to the meeting, and Preston went with Shari to who knows where.
"Abby!" Exclaimed Marley. "I'm so happy I actually get to meet you! We were terrified you guys would never make it out of the arena."
"I was pretty terrified of that myself actually," I chuckled. "It's great to meet you guys as well. Mitch told me you guys were spies, which is pretty awesome."
"It sucks that I don't get to work in the revolution until I'm older," sighed Connor. "But Mitch still lets me do stuff... Sometimes." I laughed with him.
"Spy work is really fun," grinned Kyleigh. "Although it gets a little annoying when your little brother is allowed to boss you around."
"Hey!" Laughed Mitch. "I'm not that bad."
"The majority of the time, no," said Marley. "But sometimes..." Mitch tackled her, and she squealed, and dodged.
"We all know you can fight, you don't have to prove it," she protested.
"Fine," said Mitch. "Anyway guys, I'm getting right back into it, there's a meeting of everybody as soon as we can arrange it, and you three need to be there."
"Of course it wouldn't be Mitch if he wasn't spending every ounce of his energy into this," smiled Marley. "You'd think he'd have run out of energy after the hunger games."
"Please can we not mention the games," sighed Mitch. "I know you probably think it's awesome that I won and whatever, but it's a thing of the past now, and it wasn't particularly pleasant. Let's forget it." The three of them nodded, seriously.
"Where's the meeting?" Asked Marley, changing the subject.
"The board room," replied Mitch. "We'll meet you guys there in a few, ok?"
"Ok," the agreed, simultaneously. Mitch took my hand, and pulled me through the crowd. A lot of people wanted to talk to Mitch and I, but Mitch told them to wait.
"Guys, we need to get things back on track," he said. "At the moment I don't really know where we're at, or what is going on. I can tell you later, ok? Once we've decided what we're doing from here." They seemed to be happy enough with this, and Mitch and I continued into a building that looked exactly like a mountain.
"Is this a mountain, or a building?" I joked.
"Both," smiled Mitch. "We built the building into the mountain. Most of our buildings are like this, but there is some that we had to actually camouflage artificially. We also had to try and block any form of radiation escaping the base, so The Soviet's detectors would find it harder to pick up signals. Which of course, creates a problem with communication, but we eventually worked around it. We've got some pretty smart people on the job. People from all over the world came to work here."
"What I don't understand is how they got here in the first place," I wondered, as we entered the mountainous building. "The Soviet doesn't let anybody travel anywhere."
"They came in the usual way," smiled Mitch, as we walked through what appeared to be a lobby to a staircase. "Once we got communications going, we sent signals to various countries, in the hope that they'd pick them up and get our message. We asked them to send people to help us with an uprising. It took a while, but eventually we started getting people choosing Canada in their twenty year old choosing ceremony. Then they'd come down here and use the knowledge they had from their previous country to help us."
"That's pretty cool," I smiled.

A little later, we were in a room with about twenty other people. Mitch was back in his full capacity as leader, and it amazed me that he could lead make the decisions for such a big operation as this, at only nineteen years of age. However, if it hadn't been evident before that he was a natural leader, it was even more obvious now. He first introduced everyone to everyone else. There was himself, the leader of the rebellion. Jerome, his second in command, and best buddy. Preston, the technology expert, who'd lived and worked in Arabia, since he was too young to move to Canada. Then there was the heads of the defence, attack, communications, transport, architecture and development, spies, and battle planning/campaigning. Besides them, there was a few other important people. Connor, Marley, and Kyleigh were there, plus Em and I, and Shari. There was also six representatives of each other country, not including India and Europe, which were not yet part of the rebellion. The thing that struck me was how everybody in the room wouldn't have been over twenty five years old. The youngest was Connor, who was around fourteen years old.