"How about you Aiza?"

"Everyone is good! Muskan told us about the engagement!"

Dad nodded his head while they sat down beside dad and started talking about it.

"I'm disappointed in Muskan, she dared to INVITE US, I mean we shouldn't be invited, the wedding can't happen without us"

"Muskan, I didn't expect you to invite Aqsa and Aiza, my daughters don't need invitation for their sister's engagement"

We all had dinner and I couldn't help but look at mom from time to time. She didn't say anything to me after yesterday. I've been to many weddings and engagements, and the mothers are always there for their daughters, beside them on their important day. Mom suddenly stood up and went back to her room.

"Aqsa, Aiza, can ask for a favor?"

"Sure uncle, you don't need to ask"

Aqsa said while I poured her some juice. She thanked me and looked at dad once again.

"Can you tell your mothers to accompany Muskan to dress shopping for her engagement?"

"Uncle, is that even a question! Of course they will, we will go along with Muskan! And trust me, mom will happily accompany Muskan"

"Thank you dear"

"Bur abbu, isn't ammi going to accompany me? I mean... Aqsa's mother accompanied her when she was buying dresses for her wedding..."

"I understand you want a mother by your side, but she won't be attending the engagement or the wedding, she doesn't want to and I won't force her, I want everything to be perfect for you"

Aiza and Aqsa held my hands and smiled.

"Trust me Muskan, you will feel like it's your mother by your side"

"And mom always said that she will be the happiest when you get married"

"Thanks guy"

Aqsa and Aiza's mothers always loved me like I was their daughter, but after all a mother is a mother.

*****

I opened the door and was surprised to see baji Naaz and baji Taifa.

"Assalamu Alaikum baji"

"Wa Alaikum Salam Muskan, how are you?"

Baji Naaz said while hugging me.

"Alhamdulillah, how about you?"

"Alhamdulillah, we are fine"

I told them to sit in the living room while I got them something to drink. I gave them cold drinks and handed dad his medicine.

"Muskan, are you ready?"

"For?"

"Dress shopping"

Baji Taifa said while taking the drink from my hand.

"Baji... Actually, I was going with my friends and their mother"

"I know, your father already told me, but you still need your mother by your side"

She said while smiling and held my hand before making me sit beside her.

"Mother?"

"You are my daughter, and you expect me not to be a part of my daughters' engagement shopping?"

Daughter? Mother? Is this how it feels to be loved by a mother? Do you feel confident, loved and... happy? Do you feel like sharing everything?

"UH! Dear I didn't mean to make you cry"

She said while pulling me into a hug. She patted my back while stroking my head with the other hand. She pulled away and whipped my tears away.

"If you don't want us to come along, then we won't-"

"NO! I... I was just happy! I will be very happy to have you by my side. Thank you baji"

She looked at me and sighed,

"Chaca-ji, look at her, which daughter calls her mother baji?"

"My daughter is weird"

"Abbu!"

He chuckled and looked at Baji Taifa.

"Thank you dear, for loving my daughter as she is yours"

"She is my daughter, she was my daughter the day I met her... Now Muskan, from on call me mom, mommy or ammi"

"Is... Is that alright?"

"Of course it is!"

"Then... mommy-ji"

She smiled and nodded her head.

"I'm happy for you Muskan and for you baji! You finally have daughter"

Baji Naaz said while holding my hand. They told me to get ready and I quickly went upstairs to get ready. I was getting ready when my phone started ringing.

"Hello, Mr. Officer"

"Hello, Mrs. Doctor"

I chuckled and put the phone on speaker while making my hijab.

"I heard you're going for dress shopping"

"I am... your m-, I mean mommy-ji and baji Naaz are coming along"

"Mommy-ji, I see mom and you've become close"

"We were always close!"

I heard his chuckle and could just imagine his smile.

"I wish you could be here for my dress shopping"

"Sorry jaan, I am overloaded with work"

I pouted and took my phone before putting it towards my ear.

"You can't spare 10 minutes?"

"I'm really sorry meri jaan, I would have come along with you if there wasn't too much work"

"Alright"

"I promise to accompany you for your Nikkah dress"

"I hope you remember this promise"

"I will, just like I remember the promise to marry you as soon as I get back"

"Good! I need to go now"

"Alright, take care and I love you"

"you too, and I love you too"

Marrying the person I love, getting a motherly love and figure in my life. Thank you Allah, thank you so much.