153 + EPILOGUE

Start bij het begin

"I know. She's everything to me." He says, something in his eyes before leaving as soon as it appears. "How's Cassie?"

His mom tightened her arms around him before pulling away and was handed her granddaughter. "She's okay for now. Gotta wait for Toni."

Bonnie cooed, shifting in her grandmother's arms as her dad said. "She's make it. I know she will. Cassie's doesn't go down without a fight."

"That's one hella of a statement." Daryl agree with his son, placing his hand on Max's shoulder and not catching the grimace that made its way on his face.

The three Dixons waited for word of Cassidy, it's been two hours since they heard anything. Daryl was driving a hole into the floor as Matilda kept herself busy by talking with Judith, when Toni came up the stairs and smiled at them.

"She's stable and going to make it. You can see her now."

Daryl, Matilda, Max, and Judith hurried down the stairs and over to Cassie who was still unconscious, but the color of her skin looked better than behind. Zeke patted Daryl on the back, before hugging Matilda and then left, leaving the family with their daughter.

Cassie's parents sat on one side of her as Max and Judith on the other side. They waited for another half hour before Cassie groaned softly causing Matilda and Daryl to stand up.

"Hey," Tilly muttered softly, her hand clutched Cassie's little one. "Hey, little firefly."

"Hey, babygirl." Daryl chucked softly, petting his daughter's head.

"Hey, daddy. Hi, mommy." Cassie smiled weakly, looking at her parents with bright blue eyes.

"How you feel?" Her dad asked.

"Not good. But I'm okay, like you promised. What I said about uncle Lee, was it true?" She looked at her mom.

Matilda nodded, reaching out a hand and caressing her daughter's cheek. "Yeah, it's true."

Cassie glanced at her brother, to her dad, then back to her mom. "You're gonna make that happen, right? We're gonna rule the world."

"I'll try my hardest. I never break a promise." Matilda says before a gunshot echoed from outside.

Daryl, Matilda, Max and Judith rushed over to the window, looked out and saw Pamela and her troopers shooting anyone who climbs the gates. Cassie sat up with a bit of a strangle before sliding off the bed, that caused Matilda to rushed to her and wrap an arm around her.

"You shouldn't be out of bed." Cassie's mother said before the nine year old didn't listen as she pushed the arm off and headed up stairs.

Carol spotted her and immediately went over as Daryl, Matilda, Max and Judith follows the little girl. "What's she doing out of bed?"

"Couldn't stop her." Daryl answered, standing next to his daughter. "She's stubborn as her mother."

"And her father." Matilda retorted, standing in the other side of Cassie.

Mercer grabbed his gun and loaded it causing his sister to move towards him. "Hey, what are you doing?"

"People are dying. I can't just stand by. The truck is gassed up with some reserves in the rear. It's enough to get you him. We can sneak you out the back. This isn't your fight." Mercer said, looking around at everyone. "These aren't your people."