frank lampard

2001-2014 (forever blue)

You all will probably be like what? He left Chelsea last year already, and I know, I know. That was painful then, and it still is, but the thing was that last year, we got a second chance, we got to see Lamps play in the Premier League again even if it was in another blue colour. It hurt, it hurt like hell when it was announced but it meant that he was going to stay in England, and that was everything that actually meant something.

Lamps has been a childhood hero of mine, playing for the club I love deep down in my soul, no scratch that, Chelsea is my soul. So of course it hurt like hell to know that he had signed for Manchester City even if it was just a loan, but then I realized that I would still have the chance to see him play.

And then the first City-Chelsea game came and Lamps came on and scored against us, that's when I cried, because I saw the pain in John's eyes and I felt in my heart, it felt like someone was cheating on you. But I'm still glad that the Chelsea fans applauded him so that he felt some kind of gratitude because we never got the chances to say good bye to him for real.

Then the news broke, that Lamps would be staying with City for the rest of the season, which meant that he would come back to Stamford Bridge, but in a sky blue kit instead of a royal blue...

It hurt to see him come on the pitch that he had called home for so long but in a different kit. But I was still so happy, because he got a standing ovation and he got to walk a lap honour, what more could I have asked. We got second chance to say good bye to Lamps, we won't get it this time.

No this time it's for real, he is actually leaving the Premier League for real, and England will miss him. He's been such a huge icon for both Chelsea and the English national team. Lamps has been missed from Chelsea for a year, now he will be missed from English football...

He got to captain his last game in the Premier League, thank you Manchester City, for showing such respect to our legend. And he scored, and I'm so happy because he got a farwell that he deserved, even though the blue he wore was the wrong blue, he still got a last game worth remembering, and that's all I can ask for right now.

Hopefully Lamps will come back to us, I know that he wants to, and we are waiting for that day, once a blue, always a blue #FOREVERBLUE

#SUPERFRANKIELAMPARD