The Party (+News at end)

That same night Nene, Darnell and I set foot into Big Baby Maxie's crib. The three of us were outside the door on his porch tryna talk about the plan for if shit goes south.

"Guys, I'm tellin ya. You ain't gon needa strap, a backup plan, or anything! It's jus gon be us chillin."

Nene tried to reassure us but twelve was hot at the moment. She was blocking the door waiting for us to drop our guard or somethin. He pressed through ripping right through my the side of me and faced our naïve friend.

"Look, let us be paranoid. Ain't shit gon stop us from feeling that way. We lucky we got lyla to cover for us anyway,"

" yeah Nene, Nell's right. Plus you can never come unprepared."
I raised my shirt showing them both my strap.

She looked pissed,
"Pico!"

"Girl, chill I'm not trigger happy anyways like this arson over here."

Darnell and I laughed at the joke but she wasn't having it. That was until the door opened up and she practically fell into the larger guy's stomach.

"Woah! Oh hey Nene, this must be your friends. Pico, and Darnell. Sup."

He put his hand out to Darnell with a smile and he took it. He raised it to me and I looked him in the face taking it as well. He was well dressed, fitted in barely baggy jeans, and a basketball jersey. Celtics to be exact. His hair was short, had a cool design on the side, looked like spirals. My radar read cool but these days you never know.

"Well come in, not that many people made it in yet. You came early."

He laughed a bit, we followed him into his bedroom where he had blunts rolled into a tray.

"Nene told me that you guys don't trust new people and I get that."

His hands moved toward the tray and that's when I saw the scars on his hands. I see what's what now.

"In a world like this you can't trust many. But I have known Nene for quite some time. She's a very special girl."

Nene's smile was wider than I've ever seen, even on Christmas. She swiped down toward Darnell and I and showed us this large knife directly in our face.

"LOOK what he got me!"

"Aye Ne back that up I ain't gon lie."
Darnell put his hand in the way.

"Aye watch out.."

She 'pouted' putting it away when Maxie laughed a few feet away from us catching all of our attention, he was shrouded in darkness just barely being seen by the blunt and radio I just noticed playin music.

"Ha ha...look...it is only for protection, okay?"
He took a puff and blew out smoke.

He was respectable, somethin about him was dangerous. Even though he was so kind, polite, I could see by the cuts in his hands and in his semi natural demeanor that he's a twisted individual. Of course, nothin about Nene could ever be normal. She was into that kinda stuff though, unfortunately I knew because we...well I don't wanna think about that right now.

I looked up seeing the blunt being passed my way,

"I am not barbarian, I just think that a little protection is always necessary."

I took the blunt, and the subliminal acknowledgment of my gun tucked away.

"Yeah, I do too. I'm glad you did though, she's always squawking about how we're not 'peaceful' enough."

We all laughed a little.

Knock

Knock

Knock