Parker, My First Boyfriend

I stared at Keith, he stayed beside me as I grew tired.
I began to remember the drug that guy gave me. I tried to tell Keith but my body wouldn't let me do it. He was calling my name, and started to shake me; but I could only breath, I could only think.

The date, 10/19/96

Journal Entry #36

_________________

I met this boy in my geometry class, it was crazy when he actually took some liking into me. We decided to go hang at the park, with him, and my crew.  I'm so happy to finally see him outside of school.

Nene told me I should Manifest some sort of 'perfect day' with him or whateva but I think dats a lil stupid. But maybe she was right so I'll do it here. I really hope Parker and Icould be together."

END

I realized what time it was though and stopped writing,

'OH SHIT'  I didn't want to be late so I ran down the hall.

Before I could get out of it I was stopped by a large figure, it was my dad.

He was grossly pale, with a ripe orange mane on his head,

He had a huge mustache that led into a fire ass beard. His eyes a piercing shade of  green. He was wearing his construction clothes so I could tell he had just got back from work. He was covered in dirt, versus me

I was wearing a silk green polo shirt with baggy blue washed jeans,

My hair was pulled into a curly slick back, just a bit of hair covering my face in the front.

I had a chain I bought from the jeweler, and some expensive cologne. His face was already in snarl but this just made him roar. Of course, I wanted to look good for Parker but if I knew my father...

"Pico! Dawg, the fuc you wearin? We ain't raisin no punk ass, prettyboys we raisin grown ass men."

My eyes darted across the room,

"No, I was gon hang wit tha boys but Tracy, and Nene gon be ova there. Can't look trashy in front the girl's pop."

"Ohh, so my lil boy tryna get some PUSSY?! Ba ha ha ha!"

He brushed his large hand across his hair to get it out of his face. His raspy laugh boomed through the side of my ear. He grabbed a beer bottle, sounds like foreshadowing for later. Might just stay outside.

"Well uh, I'll see ya pops.."

I step out the door and start to trace down the sidewalk, I mostly keep my eyes focused on my shoes so I won't have to see anyone.

OOPHM

Someone bumped into me,

"Ay- You think you hard Nigga?"

I instantly smack my lips,

"Boy, what?!"

It was vince,

"HA HA! Wazzam Pico,"

He dabbed me up, I gave a slight smile at the fact that this was someone I knew. I didn't meet him but too long ago but he was cool. He was boutta come with us to the basketball park. We walked side to side by the sidewalk, crossing a few streets.

"So how you been fam? Been a minute since we talked."

He was right, I didn't talk to him that much strictly due to the fact that I stay inside. I don't be doin nun, all day everyday jus listenin to the radio and talkin bout da future with Nene, and Darnell.