His Bedroom

I ran,

We kept going through the neighborhood. Nene needed to get back home so we all made sure she got back safe. Her dad didn like her hangin wit boys, especially if the cops gettin called. Darnell's house was close. He eyed me to let me know he was out.

"Look P, be safe. You know they already lookin for a reason to lock you up."

"I know Nell, you be safe too."

He dabbed me up, walking back to his crib.

We wasn't out the clear yet, I nodded at parker and it seemed like he already knew what it meant despite his lack of street knowledge.

"Hey, Pico. If the police is out for you why don't you jus come by my place? Plus my mom would be thrilled to see a white boy for a change."

I laughed at him,

"So mixies mom has bias?"

His eyes searched the sky for words to my rhetorical question.

"Maybe she does now that i think of it but I don't see why it should matter. Look, she already has a bi son so what else can she lose am I right?"

I awkwardly laughed,

I didn't get what he was on about but I guess I understand to an extent. My dad doesn't like the idea of me hangin out with 'proper' people. He says, 'They're all Narcs'

We arrived at Parker's house though, it was a pretty average middle class house. But at the same time compared to my Dad's Modelo littered apartment it is what it is.

When we entered I noticed how it smelled like cinnamon. His mom was doing a younger girl's hair. She was reading a black hair magazine while looking a bit confused, to be fair half her daughter's head wasn't done.

"Hey ma, this is Pico. He's a close friend from Geometry class."

She perked up almost immediately dropping her more real personality.

"Oh my goodness!~ You two are just some cute little red heads. And I love how you're dressed! Hi, I'm piper."

"And I'M PARIS!"

The little girl stood up knocking over a small bowl of tiny clear rubber bands.

"Paris! Ohhhhh...They're all over the floor."

Mrs.Piper was staring at the elastics laid across the floor like a lost puppy.

"Pico."

He was part way up the stairs nodding his head toward the top.

Alerted by this I stopped wathcin my soap opera and headed up right behind him.

His room looked like the classic teenage boy room I'd see on Disney channel shows.

"How do you do stuff ina room like this?"

I poked fun at him.

"I don't...I usually go outside or something. Besides my other siblings make it hard to focus in here."

He patted a spot on the bed, I didn't even notice that he sat down.

"Only if you want to."

I grinned a bit before sittin beside him. My heart was full of fight again,

Was it weird that I was sittin here on his bed right now? Or that we just made out behind the ghetto drug store? And the fact that I left Vince behind.

I started feeling bad about my past actions.

Yeah, Vince fucked up but I shouldn't have jus left him there.

That, was opp territory...Not that my ground and I were ever that close.