You Should Be More Careful

(Prompt: Caretaking)

Chat Noir had been in the middle of the battle. Luka, however was without his Miraculous. There wasn't much he could do to fight the towering monster the akuma victim had become. So he tried to lead people away from the chaos. But then the monster had struck the top corner of a building above them. Luka saw the rubble as it fell towards a young girl. With no hesitation he pushed her out of the way and rolled them to safety.

Unfortunately, his shoulder had impacted the street pretty hard and debris from the battle cut into his arm as they rolled. The girl was perfectly fine, so he considered his efforts a success. He'd also expected his wounds to be healed by the powers of the Ladybug Miraculous, after the battle. This time, that wasn't the case. His arm still stung.

When Chat Noir found him he gasped at the blood on Luka's arm. He scooped up his boyfriend bridal style to carry him away.

"Do you need to go to the hospital?" Chat Noir asked as he ran, ignoring the beeping of his Miraculous.

"No. I don't think so." All Luka knew for sure was that it hurt, and he was going to be very sore for a while.

Chat Noir's transformation faded as he ran leaving Adrien Agreste to carry Luka the last few steps. He had gotten them to a secluded rooftop where the team had stashed away some supplies should they need them. There were first aid items, some snacks, blankets, pillows, and a few makeshift masks and nondescript clothing just in case.

Plagg quietly found his camembert and ate it. He knew how his holder could be when he worried.

Adrien tossed one of the pillows onto the rooftop and gestured for Luka to sit on it. Then he got down on his knees beside him and ripped off the tattered, blood-stained sleeve.

"I'm okay, my Muse. Really, I am. I think it just looks bad." Luka winced as Adrien cleaned the blood off with sterile wipe.

The bright red blood on Luka's white t-shirt sleeve did make things look worse than they actually were. Adrien sighed in relief after he cleaned off the grit and blood. There were several cuts, but none of them were deep enough to need stitches. Some of them were still bleeding, so he got to work placing bandaids and gauze wherever it was needed.

"It could have been a lot worse." Adrien said as he carefully placed one of the bandages. "You should be more careful."

His boyfriend turned to glare at him. "You know, you're one to talk."

"Who me? I'm always careful!" The blonde replied, not even trying to sound convincing. He sighed in defeat. "Okay. So maybe BOTH of us could be more careful?"

"I'll try If you will."

"Fine." Adrien frowned and added another bandage. "But you will be getting your Miraculous full time. You are the only one who knows who I am beneath the mask. You are the one I trust more than anyone else. I know how much you care for people. I know how much you'll try to help, even without it. You wouldn't have gotten so bloody today otherwise."

Luka looked to Adrien in shock. "You know I would love nothing more than to be by your side. But... is this something the guardian decided?"

"No. I did." Mischief glinted in Adrien's eyes. "I want you safe. There's no reason for you to have to wait for someone to give you your Miraculous. Not when I trust you as much as I do. If anyone else is going to have their Miraculous full-time it should be you. You're an amazing hero. I think the guardian will agree to it. Especially if I explain your tendency to join the fight even without one. If you're going to be in the middle of it, you might as well be able to transform."

"And if the guardian disagrees?" Luka raised an eyebrow. He didn't know who this Guardian was, but he did know they were the one in charge of the Miraculous.

Adrien leaned in closer and lowered his voice dangerously. "For their sake, let's just hope that isn't the case."

The words sent a chill down Luka's spine. When Adrien wanted to be, he could be very protective and intimidating. He's Chat Noir, after all. But knowing that Adrien's protectiveness was directed towards him? Well, that did things to Luka's heart.

"The guardian has seen you in action. They'd be stupid not to let Sass stay with you." Then Adrien smiled. "There you go. All patched up."

Luka started to reach his injured arm up to touch Adrien's cheek, but he flinched from the pain. It was definitely going to be sore for a while. He also wasn't looking forward to hiding the bruise that was bound to appear.

"Easy..." Adrien couldn't help but flinch himself in response. He hated seeing his love in pain, even if it wasn't something major. Then his face shifted into a smirk. "There's not much I can do about the soreness... unless you want me to try kissing it to make it better?"

"You're too smooth for your own good." A soft laugh escaped Luka's lips. He brought up his other hand to caress Adrien's face. "Thank you for taking care of me.... and as far as kissing it better, well, I think the kiss would work just as well on the lips. Don't you?"

"You a doctor now?" Adrien leaned in and narrowed his eyes flirtatiously.

"Call it an experimental treatment."

"Happy to test it out, M'love." Adrien shifted to a more comfortable position and pressed his lips to Luka's.

Luka hummed as he returned it lovingly.

////////////////////////////

That night Chat Noir stopped by The Liberty with a gift and the guardian's blessing.

From that night on, Viperion was sighted around Paris more often.