Cuddles On A Cold Day

(Prompt: Bear Hugs)

It was a dreary day in Paris. So cold that when Chat Noir came in through the window cold air swept in with him. The hero turned around and shut the window quickly, but that didn't stop the cold chill that shot through Luka's body.

"It's freezing!" Luka shoved his hands into his hoodie pocket.

"I know. I was out there in it." Chat Noir gave him a deadpan stare. He was scheduled for the patrol long before they knew the weather report and he'd always do his part. But that didn't mean he couldn't complain when it was not ideal. "Ugh. If it's going to be this cold and dreary could it at least snow instead of the icy, sleet, freezing rain or whatever you want to call that mess that's currently happening?"

"Sorry, babe. Guess it hasn't been the best day for running the rooftops." Luka said. "Aside from the weather, did you and Carapace have a good patrol?"

"No signs of trouble. Maybe the bad guys don't like this mess either." Chat Noir stretched and yawned. "Claws In."

Adrien continued stretching sleepily as his transformation fell to reveal that he was wearing sweatpants, a hoodie and warm, fuzzy socks.

Plagg flew into the kitchen for some Camembert and Sass followed behind him.

The magic of the Miraculous did keep Adrien fairly warm and dry all things considered, but just being out there in it made him tired and chilled. His hands immediately missed the gloves. Even now he could hear the icy mix tapping against the window. What he wanted more than anything was to break the chill that had seeped into his bones.

Adrien looked around the room. Blankets and pillows were scattered on comfortable couches. The fireplace warmed the space. Music played from the speakers. It was a stark contrast to the weather outside. So cozy. So comfortable. Adrien could feel his mind growing delightfully hazy. He tried to catch himself before he was too far gone. Then he realized the last thing he actually had to do was the patrol he'd just finished. No need in trying to resist the draw of a lazy afternoon. Hopefully, one that would warm him up.

Luka stood in front of one of the sofas and watched his husband with amusement. Adrien's eyes locked with his and narrowed. The target was acquired and resistance was futile. The blonde grabbed a large fuzzy blanket, draped it around his back like a cape and ran towards his husband at full speed with his arms spread wide. The blanket flowed behind him with his movements. He pounced into Luka and wrapped his strong arms and the blanket around them both with enough force that they toppled over onto the soft sofa below.

Laughter erupted from them as they fell.

Adrien squeezed Luka tightly as he laid on top of him. "Ah! M'love you are so warm!"

With some maneuvering Luka was able to bring his arms up to Adrien's hair. He pulled out the hair tie and watched as his husband's long blonde locks fell over his ears. "Maybe that will help some too."

Then Adrien looked at Luka with a Cheshire Cat grin. He unwrapped his arms from around him, sat up on Luka's legs, leaned back, and found the hem of his husband's hoodie. The mischievous look on his face only grew as he looked into Luka's eyes. Then he proceeded to slide his hands beneath the fabric and up Luka's torso, laying back down as he slid forward, sandwiching his arms and hands between them.

Luka hissed at the contact. "Your hands feel like ice!"

"Which is why I'm putting them on your hot abs." Adrien winked. "They'll be warmed up in no time!"

The pun came as no surprise to Luka, but he still rolled his eyes.

Adrien laid back down with his head resting comfortably on Luka's chest. Sure enough, his hands did warm up between them.

Luka pulled the blanket up more around his husband's shoulders. Adrien's blonde hair had fallen over his face so he carefully moved it back so he could see his husband's expression.

Doing so revealed that Adrien's eyes were closed. His lips were curved in a content smile that Luka found to be contagious.

"I love you, beautiful." Luka said as he brushed his hand gently over Adrien's hair.

Adrien's eyes opened halfway to look up at his husband sleepily. "I love you too, handsome."

The blonde nuzzled more into Luka's chest while a familiar rumbling began in his own.

Moments like this were some of their favorites, sure they loved the kisses and when romance between them blazed like a fire, but sometimes it was nice to just cuddle on the couch together. Between the soft music, the tapping of the icy rain on the window out side, their shared warmth, and Adrien's purring, it wasn't long before both of them had fallen asleep happily in each other's arms.

///////////////////////

Plagg looked at them and shook his head. "Are they ever going to stop being so cheesy?"

"Ah, I think we know the answer to that by now, my friend." Sass said happily. But he knew the other kwami well. Plagg didn't actually mind their affection. It was quite the opposite. The snake kwami flew away without another word.

Adrien's kwami looked down at the pair. After all his holder had been through, he couldn't ask for anything more. To see Adrien sharing his life with someone who understood him and loved him so deeply, it made him smile. Not that thinking about that made Plagg emotional or anything. Of course not! But still...

"Thank you, Luka." Plagg whispered. "I'm so glad you found each other."