Quiet Boredom

Elizabeth's POV

Shit, its so quiet in here. Snowing, quiet, heater on, coffee in hand; perfect day for writing. Hm, im feeling a little bit nauseous. Probably just something i ate. I walk down the hall humming Sweet Child o' Mine and turn the corner into the living room, hot coffee in one hand, laptop in the other. I curl up on my usual old black patched recliner armchair next to a snow laced window, taking a sip of my coffee and opening my laptop, beginning to type. I put down my coffee and quickly bundle my hair up into a pony tail. Its so peaceful. Its like back in my apartment in New York; only im in London, i live in a huge house with my incredibly cute celebrity boyfriend, and i have absolutely nowhere to be. Its just so fucking quiet.

"BORED." Tom yells, echoing through the house. I flinch and look upstairs towards the source of the noise. I knew the quiet wouldnt fucking last. Jesus christ, Hiddleston, you've been bored for 4 days fucking straight. I look out the window briefly as i write the 9th chapter of another fucking book. This is my 3rd book in 2 years. Im on a fucking roll. Snow is falling softly from the clogged grey sky to the white sheeted ground. God, i love snow. Its so beautiful, and it gives me an excuse to wear layers of mother shitting clothes. Tom stomps down the stairs and into the living room.

"Beth, im bored." He says, inching towards me. I roll my eyes and continue typing. He keeps getting closer and closer to me. What the fuck is he doing? I defeatedly glance sideways, cocking one eyebrow.

"Then do something." I say annoyedly. He groans and flops onto his stomach on my lap, forcing me to stop typing. Are you shitting me? I rub my eyes, then rest my hands on his back. You cant be fucking serious.

"Give me something to do, love." He says in a whiny voice. I throw my head back to rest on the back of the armchair. For fucks sake, i just wanna finish this chapter. I groan and mentally flick though things Tom could be doing. I smirk and lightly trace circles on his back.

"Me." I say without thinking. Fuck, i shouldnt have said that. Why would i say that? His head shoots up and he quickly scrambles to his feet, grabbing my hand and pulling me at full speed out of the living room and up the stairs.

"Tom--" i laugh. He throws me into our room and pulls off my cardigan. He has a crooked smirk on his face. I brought this upon myself. Fuck, im such an idiot. I just want to finish my mother shitting chapter.

"Thomas--" I raise my voice a little, strictly, trying to get him to pull himself together. I silently curse myself for mindlessly recommending this as a bloody boredom buster. This has to stop right fucking now. He brushes away a fallen piece of my hair and starts kissing down my jawline to my collarbone. Oh fuck. You know what, maybe i dont have to finish the chapter today. I bite my bottom lip. No. I have to finish the bloody thing today.

"Tom." I say again, straightening myself up. He kisses back up my neck and makes his way to my lips, his hands sliding down to my waist.

"I have to finish this fucking chapter." I say, laughing. He groans and flops back onto the bed, defeated.

"Fine." He groans, pulling a pillow over his head and exhaling deeply. Downstairs, there are 5 consecutive knocks at the front door, echoing around the house. Tom throws the pillow off of his face and sits up, glancing out of the bedroom door, then back at me.

"Race you to the door?" He asks, grinning like a child. I roll my eyes. Is it so much to ask for? Just one quiet day without the antics of a crazy ass manchild? I sigh and rub my eyes.

"No, ill just ans--GO!" I yell, running out of the room laughing. I hear Tom right behind me, chuckling as our feet hit the wooden floors loudly and rhythmically. I thump down the stairs as quickly as my feet can take me, Tom following close behind me.