Chapter 1

This is a sequel to 'Trust no one' so please read that first. There are spoilers in this chapter, which is why there is a big gap.

12th January 2259

Izuku's POV

"So you want to know the truth?" A sigh escapes my lips as Rumi nods her head, her ears bouncing with her head, making me smile.

I take a deep breath, remembering exactly when everything started.

"Alright. It all started in April 2245."

1st April 2245

Third POV

Huff! Huff!

The sound off heavy breaths was just noticeable over the harsh wind. Sore fingers gripping tightly to a rock, sticking out the side of the wall. The palm of their hand letting out a light sweat, causing the figures hand to slip slightly.

A small scream lets out their mouth as they fall down a few feet. Taking a shaky breath, he looks down below him. Several small rocks were falling down the cliff edge as he held on. The rocks continued to fall for several hundred feet as all he could do was watch.

Taking his gaze off the falling rocks, he focuses his emerald eyes on the horizon. Watching as the orange hue from the sun rising hits his gaze, keeping a tight grip on the edge as he does. The wind was blowing his hair in several directions at once. Letting go off one hand, he attempt to push my hair out the way, hoping to get a much clearer view.

The man climbing the mountain, had a buff coat covering his body, the hood flapping in the wind. Around his legs were a pair of cargo trousers and apart from his backpack, he had no other equipment, nothing to stop him from falling a hundred meters to the ground. His hair was a dark green and quite bushy, hiding his features.

Taking a firm grip back onto the mountain, he begin my climb once more, and after another hour, he finally grips the top. Pulling himself up, his eyes were locked on the growing forest. Trees were surrounding him but there was a path. A path leading further into the forest.

Zooming out, the wall he was just climbing was a pillar of rock. Hundreds of feet tall, piercing the sky. After speaking to countless of locals, less than a mile away from the pillar, each of them having the same response about it. An abandoned shrine sitting at the top. Locked away from civilisation for centuries.

Taking slow steps along the path, he soon come across an arch way, a torii. Only a couple meters away from it was a small wooden building, just big enough to house a few small gifts, but only one stood out to him. A bottle, sitting atop a tray. Next to the cup was two porcelain cups.

Going to his knees, he bring his hands together, giving a small prayer to whoever the shrine was dedicated to.

Once finished, he reached for the bottle. Taking off the cap and taking a whiff. The strong stench invaded his nose, causing him to pull his head back in surprise. Placing the bottle back down, he backed away from the pungent smell.

'That must of been there since it's been abandoned.' The man thought. Standing up at his full height showed his short stature of around 5'4. Taking his bag off, he opened it up to take out some snacks, relaxing his arms as much as he could while he took out some food.

Staying for another hour, the man began to pack away his belongings and begin the climb back down. Foot by foot, hand by hand, the man soon made it back to the ground, taking a breath of relief that his fingers could still go on.

He made his way back to the nearby town, running into a man he spoke with earlier.

"Did you find what you were looking for?" His head turns to the voice, giving a curt nod.