An infestation reported

The safest place where only humans can enter is not really small but big enough for them only to enter and equipment made by man would not easily fair well being squeezed and dented by the large rugged surface structure protruding out of the wall. The ceiling above too does not have a friend in Xenomorphs for it's sharp spikes capable of stabbing through their skulls if they stepped any further.

I stood at the entrance seeing the spark of light from deep within.

Polly had been traumatized by what the Xenomorph's had done. The Xenomorphs had taken her family a few hours ago and are likely being used as hosts for chest busters. I only understood that happened by a series of questions. Here is how I found out earlier.

"Are your parents alive?" I hiss.

Polly shrugs.

"Were they taken?" I hiss.

Polly nods.

"Before I came?" I hiss.

She nods.

"What about your brothers?" I hiss.

Polly lowers her head appearing to be sad.

"They were taken, too?" I hiss.

Polly has a weak nod.

"Was there an egg like a chicken brought to your city last week?" I hiss.

Polly nods.

"Did they say anything where they found it?" I hiss.

Polly points over towards the mountain.

"In the mountain?" I hiss.

Polly nods.

"Did you see it before they took it to the city?" I hiss.

Polly nods.

"In my cave?" I hiss.

Polly nods.

"Polly, did you show them my cave?" I hiss.

Polly nods,again, yet with tears in her eyes.

"...Polly, did you cover the egg up?" I hiss.

Polly tearfully nods.

"I don't remember laying an egg," I hiss. "But I did lay one...and did not notice." And for that people lost their lives. I had a short sad sigh. "That is my fault for not noticing." Polly puts her hands on her face crying. "Polly..." I tilt Polly's chin up gently taking her fingers off her face with great care. "I can fix this. We all make mistakes."

Polly nods, her antenna's shaking, with tears going down the dirty chin.

"Now, let's clean you up, Polly," I hiss, taking a leaf dapped in water then clean Polly's green face taking off all the dirt that her body collected. Eventually I can see her green face and dark eyes clearer than before.

I turn away from the cave.

I had given Polly a variety of spoons to eat the food with including a couple shields and spears to protect herself against any unwanted intruders. Polly is full aware that if someone is able to enter the cave—not being a walking hand with claws—then that person is help and is a human. I had used the sculpture of Loki as reference to the human anatomy.

I cautiously go down the path to the civilian city.

There is a chance they still have some communication building in operation and intact. I have to call for help. My guard is fully up, my self aware senses are heightened, and ready to attack a surprise Xenomorph. I came into the city in the back end using a treehouse to slip in. There is holes everywhere in the tree house big enough for a rodent to jump on out to much of a lurker's surprise. There is no door remaining to the tree house. I leap over the metal rails landing on my feet safely.