In the source of the heat bloom

Loki hadn't been aware that Pyramids could be hidden in a arctic climate for thousands of years.Hell even explaining how pyramids end up underground instead of out in the wide open space while remaining intact is the difficultest scenario to make sense. We're the first group to enter this pyramid in perhaps thousands of years since the residents had 'abandoned' their prized building.

"That is a strange sculpture," Wilson said. "Looks like the sketch of the Jungle Lizard rather than Anubis."

"And they're wearing shoulder shooters," Loki said. "They always get the better hunting weapons!"

I lower my head then rub my forehead shaking my head side to side continuing the walk towards large unguarded doorway.Everything is covered in grainy dust parting ways from the movement made by everyone's shoes. There are a couple spiderwebs in this enlightened entrance way.

"Uh?" Miss Knowy said. "Miss Strange, have you and your son encountered The Predator before?"

"No," I lied. "Most Science Fiction movies feature aliens with better advanced weapons."

"At one point I did come across one, Emily." Loki said.

I laugh.

"One hundred three years ago in a rain forest," Loki goes on. "They're quite...fierce."

"So fierce they take down the most skilled," Wilson said. "Maybe this pyramid is a temple of worship for The Predators." We all look towards Wilson. "It's a possibility why they keep coming back."

Because they were worshiped here as gods a thousand years ago?Right, someone apparently told the aliens they are welcome to do whatever they want on Earth.

"Feasible." Loki said,as we take our attention off Wilson then continue the walk.

We came into a rounded room with seven blocks of rock each having a skeleton missing one part of their chest. The room itself is tall, like really, really tall.The walls are lined in skulls each on a small square part sticking out of the walls, though in the center of the room is a grate in the shape of a strange creature not documented in 'deadly alien' history. All the blocks of rock shaped similar to a slab are directly pointed to the grate.

"This must be the Sacrificial chamber." Willis said, looking over one of the skeletons. "Looks like they took out the heart."

"Uh," Miss Knowy said. "The heart isn't in the center of the chest. Something wanted to come out," I pick up one of those medallions rubbing off the dirt as everyone else in this large group are looking around. The specks of gold still remained through the unrelenting dirt. "Willis, this is not a time to play shakespear--"

"Just look at the neck!" Willis said. "It's finely cut and clean."

I look over seeing a skeleton attached to the neck bones that surprisingly is not connected to the spine.I put the medallion into my big coat pocket for keepsake purposes but mostly on a hunch these chest busting creatures are related to the Exenomorphs.

"Why would people sacrifice their own for something to come out of their chest?" Loki asks. "And these skulls, quite ugly, are very demeaning looking.For a sacrificial chamber it is hideous."

"Maybe The Predators are hunters for these chest busting animals." Wilson suggests.

Just then a hand like animal, quite dead, came down landing on the floor.

There is a collective 'ew' from the people standing there at where it had landed.

I came over then take out a extendable stick out of my purse swish it forwards and slide the extended stick under the really unusual animal. I turn the hand themed animal over on it's back. It has a tail, a pair of sharp claws on its fingers, and a strange structure by the front side.