Lover's lane

...April 11th...Friday...2014...

...Aboard the boat...

"Who taught you how to lie so well?" Loki asks.

"My bro, Lewis," I said.

Loki has a small smile.

"He should be proud of you," Loki said.

"Lewis doesn't remember teaching me," I said, with a sigh.

Loki raises his brows.

"...Why?" Loki asks.

"Remember what I told you about memories being taken away?" I said.

"Yes," Loki said, nodding.

"Lewis and I had our memories changed by Father," I said. "He hid our Rock Giant heritage by making us immortal people capable of not dying and unable to use it at will."

"So he used The Masking Spell," Loki said. "That usually is the preference for those who wish to live like a mortal with their other half only able to come up in dire moments."

"New to me," I said.

"And how did you find out?" Loki asks.

"The bomb in Boston," I said. "Something happened when the bomb went off and the spell was lifted...I called my mom about it and she told me everything."

"But that doesn't explain when Lewis taught you," Loki said.

"Lewis taught me before he went to Father," I said.

Loki glances over to my shoulders.

"Where did you get the scars from?" Loki asks, trailing his fingers on my exposed shoulder while we are in the bed.

"The suit," I said.

My scars are currently covered by make-up.

"The suit did this?" Loki said, raising a brow.

I nod.

"It did," I said.

"The man, from the bank, he acted like you knew him," Loki said.

"He was Mr Force," I said. "Mr Jrones had him killed. Back in September, Mr Force had been controlling a young girl. I called you about it."

"...So you were not joking," Loki said.

"Yes," I said, with a nod. "And you sir didn't want to help. So, that is why I didn't answer the phone."

Loki frowns.

"What happened that day?" Loki asks.

"I made the earthquake," I said. "I knocked him out, drove the faked van off the bridge, and didn't get wet because Mr Jrones's van has systems to block any hole in situations like that."

Loki laughs.

"What?" I ask.

Loki shook his head.

"I cannot imagine you driving a van into the ocean," Loki said.

"I did it," I said. "And I reunited a family."

Loki raises a brow.

"Wait, how long was he controlling her?" Loki asks.

"A week," I said.

"A week," Loki said. "And no one did a thing."

"She was a high school drop out, a eighteen year old, had planned to stay with her friend for half the week," I said. "And the police saw no reason to investigate what really is happening...That is until Mr Force crashed into the water chasing a van carrying the Follymayers to their death."