Work can be...complicated

Work can be complicated when raising a young god under the roof. Loki repeatedly kept asking me two questions; 'what are you?' and 'what is your job?'. The only thing I could not do is tell Loki what my job is. It is part of the argrement that brings me into having a job in the first place.

"If I had magic then I wouldn't be needing to come with you to a store!" Loki complains.

I had a short laugh while eying at the cereal section.

"It is a part of life." I said.

"Oh like you going out from Monday to Thursday leaving me with a Babysitter until Friday." Loki said. "May I remind you that it's like you live somewhere else twenty-four seven."

"I am there; Friday,Saturday, and Sunday." I said.

"Which begs to question what job you've taken." Loki said, ignoring my reply.

"You don't need to know." I said, grabbing a Captain Crunch box. "It is nothing big, in my opinion," I drop the box into the cart. "And it pays well."

"Why do you even have a house when you're not even there?" Loki asks. "Better question is; why don't you just drop me off to those houses for 'orphans' who get a better deal with their 'new' parents."

I walk down the section.

"Needless to say you've never lived in a Orphanage." I said.

"Sure I have." Loki said.

"How different is your orphanage?" I ask.

"I lived on Asgard and it was sort of an orphanage." Loki said.

I stop.

Hell, Asgard is a kingdom full of gods not mortals.

"Loki, have you ever seen Annie the movie?" I ask, in a low voice.

"No." Loki said.

I glare down at Loki.

"Tell me what a orphanage is, boy." I said.

To say for the least; Loki is practically begging to be thrown into a terrible place.A dear, dear, terrible place where most wouldn't make friends in the likeliest places in reality. They lose things constantly when moving from place to place.The bad parents only get the kids for the paycheck. The kids get thrown into the system and life is never, never, the same for them again.At least that is what I know about orphanages.

"A place to wait for parents." Loki said, quite calmly.

My hand gripped on the handle, tightly, feeling rage.

"You're asking for it." I said.

"I am." Loki said.

I couldn't argue with a man asking to have a terrible childhood.

Loki in a way is reliving his childhood.

I couldn't believe this arrogant guy has an army of girls who worship him and obsess over him! I didn't reply to Loki's newer questions about the store but what made sure to do was send a text message to that poor girl, then, after purchasing my groceries; I dumped Loki at a Orphanage in Nevada--don't ask how I did that but I sure as hell used the fastest vehicle available from my job under 'an emergency'--with his clothes and what was his belongings.

"Huh?..." Loki was half asleep when I dumped him.

The side of his child face is covered in water.

All of the luggage is around the young confused Loki.

"See ya, sucker." I said, with a short wave. "Bye-bye."

I turned around and headed straight back to the state I moved to. I bet Loki is going to be in there for a month and he'll change his mind after seeing what he wanted to be in. It is quite fitting when given much thought.I had a mad delightful smile on my face. I really do not believe Loki would give a bother about finding me.

Hell, why would a god wanting to be in the orphanage go back to someone he didn't want to live with?

I made it back to the house by 2:40 AM. I was fast asleep on the couch by 2:45 AM. Loki wouldn't be asleep for at least...maybe an hour, I guess. I may have to make a call to Odin that perhaps my deal with him has end.Because I'll try to make that important text message with Lewis.

I'll try, I swear.